Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Thinking about a 1025r FILB

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 12:10 PM
    Thanks

Thinking about a 1025r FILB

Last year I purchased a 1025r with H120 loader, tiller, and box blade. Well ever since, I've regretted not getting the backhoe and a couple other attachments . It seems to be much cheaper to order the backhoe with the tractor (now I know this). Plus I'd like to keep the 0% financing.

I'd also love to step up to the 2032r, but it's difficult to justify the cost. Plus, I sat on one a couple weeks ago and wow was it uncomfortable compared to the 1025r. I also appreciate how easy it is to switch attachments with the 1 series.

So I'm looking at trading mine in for a 1025r FILB with a 60 inch MMM, rotary cutter, artillian forks, steering wheel knob, rear work light...am I missing anything? I'm sure someone on here will figure out how I can spend more money... Dealer quoted me a price of around 25k with tax and 0% for 72 months.

Anything I'm overlooking? I've learned so much from this forum. I wish I would've read more on here before my purchase last year.
    papaw1962 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Thanks
    I went through the same struggle and researched the 2 series and found the ratings on the Bh are near the same as on the 1 series so it didn't make sense to me to spend more money for the same performance so I started looking into the 3 series . 3032r 3033e to be exact and I just can't justify the price tag so I was back to square one on what to do. According to my dealer the 2032 is being redesigned. Supposedly there not producing anymore what's out there is what's left and he expected a announcement next year of a new 2 series since atm you can't have a BH- and use a quick connect deck with out a time consuming hardware swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1023e w/FEL
    Curtis cab
    54" snow blower
    36" forks
    Jd ballast box
    54" mmm
    48" tiller land pride
    7' 3pt blade
    Tsc sub soiler ( converting it for burying electric cable )
    3pt tool bar ( project under construction )

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knuckles For This Useful Post:

afulton25 (07-26-2016), FredHickory (07-27-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Well.... those on GTT can surely spend your money. The FILB is the way to go if you want the BH. They have all the little things on them that you may not get if you add a BH.

You will get varying opinions on the size of the mmm and whether or not to get an auto connect or not. I personally have a 60" auto connect and love it. There have been some who have had scalping issues with the 60" mmm, although, I truly believe the thing that causes scalping problems is the mmm not being adjusted properly and trying to mow with the mmm too low.
    Depending on the amount of snow you get, you may want to consider a snow blower of at least a front blade. I have a 54" blade and 54" front mount snow blower. I actually had an X748 prior to buying my 1025R in 2013, so I kept the blade that I had. Again, there are varying opinions on whether to buy a front mount or 3 point mount snow blower. Personally, there is not way I wanted to blow snow with my neck turned all the time. Yes, the front mount is much more expensive, but the additional cost was worth it to me and I bought mine when I bought the tractor.
    The list can be endless depending on what you plan to do with the tractor. I recently had an opportunity to buy a new 52" front mount broom. My dealer picked it up from another dealer going out of business so he offered it to my at a really good price. I really didn't need it but it will work good for those 3" - 4" snows that we seem to get some years every other day in PA.
    Levi and afulton25 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

afulton25 (07-26-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Well.... those on GTT can surely spend your money. The FILB is the way to go if you want the BH. They have all the little things on them that you may not get if you add a BH.

You will get varying opinions on the size of the mmm and whether or not to get an auto connect or not. I personally have a 60" auto connect and love it. There have been some who have had scalping issues with the 60" mmm, although, I truly believe the thing that causes scalping problems is the mmm not being adjusted properly and trying to mow with the mmm too low.
    Depending on the amount of snow you get, you may want to consider a snow blower of at least a front blade. I have a 54" blade and 54" front mount snow blower. I actually had an X748 prior to buying my 1025R in 2013, so I kept the blade that I had. Again, there are varying opinions on whether to buy a front mount or 3 point mount snow blower. Personally, there is not way I wanted to blow snow with my neck turned all the time. Yes, the front mount is much more expensive, but the additional cost was worth it to me and I bought mine when I bought the tractor.
    The list can be endless depending on what you plan to do with the tractor. I recently had an opportunity to buy a new 52" front mount broom. My dealer picked it up from another dealer going out of business so he offered it to my at a really good price. I really didn't need it but it will work good for those 3" - 4" snows that we seem to get some years every other day in PA.
    I'm going with the 60 inch mower. I have 5 acres and it's all wide open. I also read through all the posts about the mmm adjustment issues so I've stressed the importance of this to my dealer.

I use a 2015 Honda Rubicon to plow snow, so I should be covered for now.

Thanks for the help!

Ray_PA likes this.

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

Thinking about a 1025r FILB

Yeah the 3033r is mighty tempting but just too much money. I'd rather spend money on more attachments so my tractor can do more than have a bigger tractor.

Last edited by afulton25; 07-26-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Levi likes this.

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    I would stop thinking, and just do it. I don't mow with mine, and have no attachments. Just the BH and FEL. I have used both quite a bit. You already know what the FEL can do, the BH...just amazing what that little guy can do. If you can afford it, just do it.

I love spending other peoples money!
    Levi and Ray_PA like this.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with Piranha tooth bar
    HLA 42" Forks
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape rake
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    Stihl BR430 backpack blower
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    I went through the same dilemma. I bought my 1023E in 2013, then traded it in on a 1025R FILB 18 months later. I really enjoyed having the BH, but unfortunately I had to let it go when I moved to the farm so I could get a tractor more fitting the 25 acres of rolling hills and forest.
    Levi, Ray_PA and Drifterbike like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 5304 For This Useful Post:

afulton25 (07-26-2016)

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Keep your current unit and buy a mini Excavater.
    BH is good for a few tasks...strait line ditching on flat ground being the best.
    An excavater does everything a backhoe will not.
    You can put spoils where you want to..not just left or right.
    BH kinda makes the tractor unstable unless your on flat ground...I have none of this on my place.
    Tryed the backhoe route ( orange) and traded the whole show back in a few months later as it clearly wasn't going to satisfy my needs.
    Not to mention....your gonna have to dismount the BH unit for any mowing jobs or anything regarding use of the 3. hitch.
    I had my jd 955 for a non-dedicated BH use so removing the Hoe was a non issue as it stayed on the Orange unit.
    There cute..I tryed to like them ...but I am so glad I got a Mini EX.
    ejb69 and CHJake like this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to theduke For This Useful Post:

Knuckles (07-27-2016)

15. Top | #9
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 05:58 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by afulton25 View Post
    Last year I purchased a 1025r with H120 loader, tiller, and box blade. Well ever since, I've regretted not getting the backhoe and a couple other attachments . It seems to be much cheaper to order the backhoe with the tractor (now I know this). Plus I'd like to keep the 0% financing.

I'd also love to step up to the 2032r, but it's difficult to justify the cost. Plus, I sat on one a couple weeks ago and wow was it uncomfortable compared to the 1025r. I also appreciate how easy it is to switch attachments with the 1 series.

So I'm looking at trading mine in for a 1025r FILB with a 60 inch MMM, rotary cutter, artillian forks, steering wheel knob, rear work light...am I missing anything? I'm sure someone on here will figure out how I can spend more money... Dealer quoted me a price of around 25k with tax and 0% for 72 months.

Anything I'm overlooking? I've learned so much from this forum. I wish I would've read more on here before my purchase last year.
    You didn't really mention what tasks you plan on performing with your BH, how much you plan on using it etc... That's quite a bit of money to spend unless your going to need it frequently to justify the cost over a rental. BH goes off and on very easily, but reconnecting the iMatch or implements is where you will spend your time if your swapping them out for the BH frequently. As theduke said, mini excavator may be the way to go if you've got the room to store the extra machine and don't mind the extra maintenance.

I went with FILB myself. Glad I did it meets my needs perfectly.
    Levi, CHJake and afulton25 like this.
    Tom

2010 JD LA115 mower w/bagger
    2011 JD 10P dump cart
    2016 JD 1025R TLB: H120 loader w/ 49" bucket - 260 BH w/12" bucket - 60D MMM w/auto PTO - iMatch Quick Hitch
    Heavy Hitch toothbar | Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks | Ken's Seat Springs | Ken's Diff Pedal | Edge Tamers
    Frontier 2048 Box blade | Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    2016 Cyclone Rake model Z-10

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BetterThanATonka For This Useful Post:

afulton25 (07-27-2016)

17. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterThanATonka View Post
    You didn't really mention what tasks you plan on performing with your BH, how much you plan on using it etc... That's quite a bit of money to spend unless your going to need it frequently to justify the cost over a rental. BH goes off and on very easily, but reconnecting the iMatch or implements is where you will spend your time if your swapping them out for the BH frequently. As theduke said, mini excavator may be the way to go if you've got the room to store the extra machine and don't mind the extra maintenance.

I went with FILB myself. Glad I did it meets my needs perfectly.
    I don't have the storage for a separate backhoe. We built a house recently so I have lots of trees to plant. The wife also wants a bunch of overgrown weeds and bushes (very large) dug out by the road. I know it's something I can use for years and years. And from what I've read, you find more to do with it once you have it!

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast