Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jgayman

Thread: First Hydraulic Leak at 22.5 hrs

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:22 AM
    Thanks

First Hydraulic Leak at 22.5 hrs

So I was using my backhoe and noticed that it would spray as I would use the bucket curl. Looking at it I'm thinking to myself "that can't be right" and kept operating it (without the curl) just thinking something was wrong. I checked for other leaks and there was none. So about a minute later it hits me that the hose appeared to be loose. So I got a wrench and tightened it back up. No more leak.

Next day (today) I checked the fluid level and it appears to be full. I checked the level covers all of the "X's" on the dip stick. So my question... should I bother filling it since it appears full? Anything else I should check to be on the safe side?
    1025r FILB, 47" Snowblower, Front Blade, Quick Hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Good you found the problem. High pressure hydraulic fluid leaking can be very nasty. Check your dipstick again once everything has sat overnight. If it shows full do not add any fluid. Full is full. It was probably a tad overfull and you didn't really lose much from the leak.
    RandyM and BetterThanATonka like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

JamesCE (07-27-2016)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements