Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Minor problems

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:59 AM
    Thanks

Minor problems

Received my new 1025r FILB a couple of weeks ago and it started blowing the fuse for the forward and rear work lights. I unplugged the lights at the fixture and it still blew the fuse. Unplugged at the bottom of the ROPS and it still blew the fuse. At that point, decided not to rip up the floor boards and dash to chase the fault. Called dealer and they picked it up. I also told dealer that the cruise lift arm handle needs to be tightened up. It came back with the short fixed but not the cruise handl repar. In addition, the seat had a razor cut (took pics) and the ignition switch was loose. I sent an email to the head of tech support services and they immediately came back and got the tractor.

This is the part that pissed me off. The driver says that the seat was cut when he picked it up. I told him absolutely not ! I said, show me on the invoice where you noted that, because if you didn't, than it wasn't cut. He than said the cruise handle slop was normal. I said absolutely not and that I'm driving there after you to your shop and lifting one on your showroom FILB to compare. Next he said I fooled with the ignition switch when looking for the short. In the end, I told him take the tractor and I will see you in the show room in ant 15 minutes. Was sorry I gave him a good tip when he dropped it off the first round.
    He didn't like being stood up to at all. The sales manager is great but he's off for the week. Hoping to get the tractor back today. Going to have a long talk with the dealer about his lazy useless tech driver. I could tell right away that he is a cover your ass do nothing easy way out tech.
    etcallhome, Levi, Ray_PA and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 832 Posts
    Not a good way to start things off that is for sure.

Hopefully you will have some better luck at the dealership.

Decent customer service is getting to be a harder thing to find.
    Levi likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Don't you love it when they say "that is normal" when you can go to any tractor in the lot and show them that it is not normal. What kind of moron is this guy.
    And, even if it is normal, you have to explain what causes this to be normal. Just saying it is normal will rarely please anyone. They just look at you as a worthless, do nothing, waste!!
    Anyway, hope you are able to get some satisfaction from the Service Manager.
    Good Luck!!
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    A lot of drivers aren't techs. Not excusing the way he handled it, but he may not actually be a mechanic.

As for the rest of it, that's a bit ridiculous. I never understood why techs and drivers feel the need to argue with customers about stuff. He won't have to pay for the damage repair, so what business is it of his? He should leave potentially dangerous discussions like that to the service manager, the driver is just there to move the machine. No reason for him to potentially upset a customer when he doesn't have the authority to make that type of decision anyway.
    etcallhome, rtgt, Levi and 5 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Why not post the name of the dealers along with gripes about dealer-related problems?
    Dealer reputation should be important to the seller, and if it's not, these warning posts could help steer other potential buyers to someone who cares. Otherwise, we are just venting, and venting into a vacuum, since the dealer gets to remain anonymous.
    Levi and John Deere 1025R TLB like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Why not post the name of the dealers along with gripes about dealer-related problems?
    Dealer reputation should be important to the seller, and if it's not, these warning posts could help steer other potential buyers to someone who cares. Otherwise, we are just venting, and venting into a vacuum, since the dealer gets to remain anonymous.
    I fully agree it is my opinion that this is one of the problems with today's society. people feel they can treat people poorly and it is no great loss. We need a Buyer Beware subforum. We as a group are alot stronger than one guy complaining. That's what is going to hold these dealers accountable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Levi and romcjr like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tim.bergfeld.3 View Post
    I fully agree it is my opinion that this is one of the problems with today's society. people feel they can treat people poorly and it is no great loss. We need a Buyer Beware subforum. We as a group are alot stronger than one guy complaining. That's what is going to hold these dealers accountable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    A dealer review forum has been discussed in the past, but the problem is something like that attracts people who are unhappy and want to make sure the world knows. It's too likely to turn into a dealer bashing forum that doesn't benefit anyone.

GTT as a group doesn't have much influence over any dealer because we have members all over the country instead of concentrated in that dealers' area.
    etcallhome, Levi, Ray_PA and 2 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:59 AM
    Thanks

Just received an email from Deere

They are covering the seat. They said the slop in the cruise control handle is normal.it was not loose when I received the tractor. Diesel was kind enough to post a service diagram. It's the screw that holds the handle onto the linkage via a small plastic clip not making up tight enough.Its either stripped from the factory or broke. GuessI will have to fix it my self. She also said that the tech said the ignition play is normal. It is not the cylinder that the key goes in, it is the whole ignition assembly. Trim ring loose on dash. Does anyone know if the back of the ignition switch is snugged up behind the dash with a locknut. Looks like I will have to do it myself. I really wouldn't normally mind fixing it myself except I just moved and am using my tools out of boxes and the floor. Don't even have a work bench yet. It's the lazy techs that don't want to pull or loosen the dash to turn an ignition locknut or clip and replace a 50 cent plastic linkage clip.

Didn't mean to start a dealer bashing thread. Just posting my expirience after a 3 week purchase. The sales mgr is great but he's out on vacation.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Thanks
    If all you said actually happened, that driver must own the company because talk like that
    loses a customer, which I would think would only be an ownership decision.

Go to the dealership, sit down with the highest person in the company that you can and
    tell them you, the dealership representative, and the driver need to have a meeting.
    At the beginning of that meeting state your case, tell them what has transpired, and then
    tell them you are considering using the JD Promise and you are also finding another place
    to do business.

Then sit back and see what happens.
    Levi likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 03:45 PM
    Thanks
    Sorry you had the problem, hopefully you can sort it out. The word of the day ...DOCUMENT....document it all! I treat anything I leave off as a rental car....do a walk around and all parties sign off on the condition of anything you can!

Levi likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast