What's the difference between1025R TLB and 1025R FILB?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What's the difference between1025R TLB and 1025R FILB?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks

What's the difference between1025R TLB and 1025R FILB?

When I did a search to try to find out what FILB meant in the term 1025R FILB, I was taken to the Deere web site for the 1025R TLB. I understand that the initials FILB are Factory-Installed-Loader-Backhoe, and TLB is Tractor-Loader-Backhoe. Does that mean the TLB has a dealer installed loader and backhoe? And, my 1025R has a loader but no backhoe. What is it called by John Deere? A 1025R FIL? Or a 1025R TL? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-05-2019 @ 03:43 PM
    Thanks
    Technically, the 1025R with a factory installed FEL and BH is labeled 1025R TLB. The FILB is another designation the means the same thing. Simply, the FEL and BH are OEM installed on the tractor, not dealer installed.
    The 1025R that is not a TLB, is simply a 1025R with added attachments such as an FEL.
    Levi and bama1025r like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (07-31-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,307 Times in 2,590 Posts
    The term FILB was coined right here on GTT. JD uses the TLB designation but doesn't necessarily distinguish between factory or dealer assembled.
    etcallhome, Levi, spferdil and 1 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

pcabe5 (08-02-2016), RetiredDoc (07-31-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    FILB just stands for Factory Installed Loader Backhoe. Officially John Deere just calls a factory installed model a TLB on the website. But a dealer can also take a non backhoe model and obviously make a TLB out of it.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-24-2019 @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    The term FILB was coined right here on GTT. JD uses the TLB designation but doesn't necessarily distinguish between factory or dealer assembled.
    I'm skeptical of this claim as JD has used FILB in their marketing materials.

Here is an example (from Canada): http://www.deere.ca/en_CA/docs/html/...id=37fc90e8#10
    Levi, Ray_PA, W9GFO and 1 others like this.
    2015 1025R w/ H120 Loader, 60D MMM AutoConnect, 54" QH Snowblower & Titan Pallet Forks

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Thanks
    There is one big difference that I haven't seen mentioned yet so I will throw this out there.

One of the differences is the warranty.

You can have two 1025R machines with a Loader and a Backhoe sitting side by side at the dealer and the warranty may be different.

If the dealer ordered and added the Backhoe as an attachment it is only covered under the 1 year attachment warranty where the tractor is covered under a 2 year warranty. Now if the same Backhoe was installed at the factory and not the dealer it is covered for 2 years. Same goes for the loader.

Also it is typically more expensive to add the Backhoe at the dealer than at the factory.
    etcallhome, Levi, Ray_PA and 2 others like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sennister For This Useful Post:

RetiredDoc (08-02-2016)

12. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:24 PM
    Thanks
    Even John Deere isn't consistent with using TLB or FILB (two different web pages).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1025R TLB or FILB.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	428.3 KB 
ID:	219522

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    There is one big difference that I haven't seen mentioned yet so I will throw this out there.

One of the differences is the warranty.

You can have two 1025R machines with a Loader and a Backhoe sitting side by side at the dealer and the warranty may be different.

If the dealer ordered and added the Backhoe as an attachment it is only covered under the 1 year attachment warranty where the tractor is covered under a 2 year warranty. Now if the same Backhoe was installed at the factory and not the dealer it is covered for 2 years. Same goes for the loader.

Also it is typically more expensive to add the Backhoe at the dealer than at the factory.
    Agreed!!! The official TLB has the BH and FEL factory installed, hence the FILB designation. If the BH and FEL are not OEM installed, the tractor is not an official TLB in JD's book and in their book, it affects the warranty.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

14. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    I specifically inquired about this when purchasing my 1025r FILB. The fact that the loader and backhoe was factory installed had no effect on the warranty. The tractor had a two year warranty, the loader and backhoe - a one year warranty.

Perhaps things have changed, but I would want to verify that claim.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    I specifically inquired about this when purchasing my 1025r FILB. The fact that the loader and backhoe was factory installed had no effect on the warranty. The tractor had a two year warranty, the loader and backhoe - a one year warranty.

Perhaps things have changed, but I would want to verify that claim.
    It is tricky wording in the warranty JD warranty policy. This statement is at the bottom of the warranty policy: **Attachments purchased on the same Purchase Order as the Equipment listed will be covered by the Equipment’s warranty terms. Attachments purchased separately will be covered by the attachment warranty (in line 12).
    The issue is, this statement does not apply to sub-compact tractors. So, attachments that are bought with a sub-compacts are only warranted for one year, the same as when you buy an attachment later.

Now for the tricky part. The warranty warrants the tractor for 2 years. The FLB/FILB are "the tractor" because it is all OEM. This is an OEM tractor that includes the FEL and BH therefore in JD's book, the entire FLB/FILB is "the tractor".

When I bought my 1025R in 2013, this was a specific topic with my dealer and JD. Actually, my dealer brought it up since I was thinking of adding a BH later after the intial purchase. Now, I know all dealers are not created equal. My dealer is good, so when they told me the TLB, as a unit, was warrantied two years, I said show me. JD said then, the TLB has a two year warranty. The 1025R TLB is a model, so when a dealer issues a purchase order for a new 1025R, if they issue it for a 1025R TLB, it is one unit and is designated that way in JD's book.

Maybe JD has changed this definition of the TLB since 2013, don't know. Anyone buying a 1025R or 1025 R TLB needs to check this and get it in writing.

If they have changed it, they didn't change the wording on their warranty policy. It comes down to how the machine was built OEM, not dealer installed attachments.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sennister likes this.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast