• 1 Post By tomd999
  • 1 Post By balrog006

Thread: If You Were Me - Buying Used???

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 03:25 PM
    Thanks

If You Were Me - Buying Used???

I'm still trying to work out how to get my hands on a 1025 TLB.

I'm in Hawaii, on an outer island. The best I can do on a new one here, with loader and backhoe is $23,600 plus 5% tax. And it will take 3 months to get it. I saw a 2016 online from a dealer with 11 hours on it in Washington State - not far from the port of Seattle. They want $18,500. I may be able to buy it without paying tax, since it will never be used in Washington.

Shipping shouldn't be more than $1000 - if they are willing to drive it to the port. And maybe I could shave a little bit off the asking price to help out with the sale.

If you were me, would you consider this as an option??? Is it worth the risk to buy - sight unseen. Or is it worth a plane flight - probably $1000 after the flight, car, hotel. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy new, with the Zero Financing option?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

Go used, it's that simple. I got the 2520 used from Canada, sight unseen, only talked to the salesman on the phone and through email. Top rate service, sent me a hand written thank you for purchasing from them and a Christmas card this year. None of the local dealers I have dealt with for 30+ years did that.

Here is the story on that deal: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...e-another.html

I would look at some dealers in Canada on Machine Finder and take advantage of the 20% exchange rate advantage to save even more. Another kicker is that since you will let the dealer arrange shipping, the price through them will also reflect the 20% exchange rate savings. The US Customs fee is a flat rate of $250 USD and because you are exporting it from Canada, it's not subject to any VAT/sales taxes. If your state has a sales tax, you may have to settle with them, I'm in NH so we don't have sales or use taxes.

PM me if you want to discuss details.

Tom
    Treefarmer likes this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Washingtons sales tax is higher than yours.

Buy one out of Oregon.....We have Zero sales tax and a huge group of dealers. And a port though it is slow.

The local to Portland dealers are all Pape' now as they bought out Earnst and ficsher jd dealerships.

Theres about 9 within 150 miles of me.....just west of PDX.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Thanks
    Talk to the dealer, have them send you a bunch of detailed pictures and perhaps a video.

With 11 hours I'd hardly worry-abuse would have to be severe and likely quite visible to have done harm in that time, it should carry the balance of the factory warranty if anything is amiss as well.

I'd wrap up the deal quick and get it on a boat!
    johnH123 likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements