Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: John deere 2210 auxiliary lights

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Thanks

John deere 2210 auxiliary lights

I'm buy no means a electric person hence the question. I have a pair of led 18 watt lights. I'm wondering if I can mount them to the rops at the top. And remove the hazard lights, and tap into hazard lights power source.

I thought I read a post where this particular tractor had a plug to tap into connected by the seat safety switch. I have not been able to locate any plug on mine? The year is 2004 if this makes any difference.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    pcabe5 likes this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chad05gsa For This Useful Post:

kjmk (08-08-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chad05gsa View Post
    I'm buy no means a electric person hence the question. I have a pair of led 18 watt lights. I'm wondering if I can mount them to the rops at the top. And remove the hazard lights, and tap into hazard lights power source.

I thought I read a post where this particular tractor had a plug to tap into connected by the seat safety switch. I have not been able to locate any plug on mine? The year is 2004 if this makes any difference.

There should be a bundle of factory wires under the seat somewhere. Within that bundle there are plugs for rear aux factory lights. I tapped them on mine and added work lights (LED's). That much improved my nighttime visibility.

Good luck and ask if you have any more questions.
    pcabe5 and rtgt like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks

I don't think that will work unless you want them to be flashing all the time.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    There should be a bundle of factory wires under the seat somewhere. Within that bundle there are plugs for rear aux factory lights. I tapped them on mine and added work lights (LED's). That much improved my nighttime visibility.

On mine there is a harness that goes to nothing. The first time I had to tear into my tractor I found it zip tied to metal bar that the rear of the seat pan sits on. It was basically underneath the seat pan, you may have to go through the trouble of removing the seat pan to find it. I never could find what it went too and my manual didn't discuss it (at least the sections I was looking in). After reading this, I am quite sure this what this is for. My 2210 is a 2003.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    On mine there is a harness that goes to nothing. The first time I had to tear into my tractor I found it zip tied to metal bar that the rear of the seat pan sits on. It was basically underneath the seat pan, you may have to go through the trouble of removing the seat pan to find it. I never could find what it went too and my manual didn't discuss it (at least the sections I was looking in). After reading this, I am quite sure this what this is for. My 2210 is a 2003.
    Bingo!

There are some push type connectors on the ends, with research one can find their equivalent at Napa or such but I just cut mine off as I was using heat shrink splices and tubing over top of that to make everything weather tight.

If I recall correctly they were only hot, key on and headlight switch on. I was baffled and thought I might have to run a new circuit for the aux lights, but then found that out and was able to use them as planned.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post

I can not seem to find any sort of plug along the harness. I grabbed a few photos hopefully they might help.

under seat

left side from back of tractor. Assuming the 3rd wire here is for the red marker light.

this is from the right side.

So I recently picked this up used from the original owner. From looking at what wires are exposed, looking like someone might have been playing DIY electrician at some point?

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    Thanks missed your post, by accident! I'll pull that off to have a better look.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks missed your post, by accident! I'll pull that off to have a better look.

Mine was not under the seat exactly, just in the underseat area. If memory serves it was actually zip ties to the crossbar behind the seat that spans from fender to fender.

If the PO was playing election then unfortunately you may not have the same setup any longer, and might have to trace back toward the front of the machine to find the wires.
    2004-L130

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    08-28-2019 @ 10:36 AM
    Thanks
    I just dug into the wiring harness on Friday, I think I have what you are looking for.

If you take the left side panel off there is an opening in the plastic pedestal that has a 6 wire connector but only two wires in it. One was blue the other I don't remember. The blue wire contains "switched power" - turns on with the key. This connector is right behind the blank switch cover on the front of the pedestal.

On the rear of the tractor between the center housing and the left (from the seated position) three point arm is a bundle of wires. There are bullet connectors on the wires, some are used and some have a terminating bullet connector on them. One of the terminated wires is blue and one of them is black. The blue wire is the power lead from the connector in the pedestal. This is a relatively light gauge wire, maybe a 16 or 18 gauge wire. You should be able to use these wires for small LED lights on the rear.

My application was a little more draw than what those wires could afford so I ran my own 12 gauge wires and routed them near and in some cases in the main harness. It takes time to do wiring correctly but it pays off in the end!

I mounted a 22" LED light bar on the front of my ROPS. I will probably add a 7" or 10" on the rear of my ROPS as well which is why I used the heavier gauge wire. The 22" bar requires almost 9 amps too, 18 wire is not going to take that for long before it lets the smoke out of the wires.

While we are on the subject, the light bar is an Auxbeam 120 watt, 40 chip monster, 12k lumens of 6000K white light!!! I bought it from Amazon for $50 and I think it was a steal!!!

I turned it on once at night so far and the night literally disappeared! It might be overkill, but I am sure I will have no issues seeing when I move snow this winter or being seen moving the snow. There should be no excuse for someone not knowing I am working.

I'll get a picture up of the beam when it is dark to show what it does.

Here it is mounted on my machine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160805_154712.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	6.65 MB 
ID:	222546
    Without data, you are just another man with an opinion.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1025r TLB
    - 54" MMM
    - 49" 120 FEL with Piranha tooth bar
    - 260 Backhoe with 12" and 16" Buckets
    - 5' County Line Box Blade
    - FSP700 Spreader

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well mowed the yard today. And I followed the wire harness all the way up to the front floor board/dashboard. Not a single plug to be found. I'm going to just run there own wires and hopefully plug them into the headlight fuse. Is this okay to do, I'm looking to hopefully not add a switch and all.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast