1025R FILB Finally bought one! What add - ons.... next?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 1025R FILB Finally bought one! What add - ons.... next?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-29-2017 @ 01:18 PM
    Thanks

1025R FILB Finally bought one! What add - ons.... next?

Hello

Longtime reader!

4 hours total time since picked it up!

Been reading on here about different ways to move trailers around with different receiver mounts....what's the one to get?

How about other favorite accessories?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AirGuard View Post
    Hello

Longtime reader!

4 hours total time since picked it up!

Been reading on here about different ways to move trailers around with different receiver mounts....what's the one to get?

How about other favorite accessories?
    Many things to add, but I chose to go with pallet forks, so I could unload and move all the other things I would be buying and adding later. Another addition I've found very useful is a canopy. It makes it a lot more comfortable to spend hours in the sun. I don't have a backhoe so I have no idea if it and a canopy are compatible, though.

What you choose to add will be determined by what your first jobs for the tractor will be. What are you planning to do?

And one more question. What weight and size trailer(s) do you intend to move around with the tractor?

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 04:26 PM
    Thanks
    My favorite implement for my 1025 is pallet forks - secondly you will want a set of at least 2 Kens Bolt on Grab hooks! I got three and love them.

I did make a mistake when I bought my forks I got some nice heavy duty ones and found out later that the lift capacity was greatly reduced because the forks are naturally part of the weight. I'd recommend 36" artillian -

Good luck and congrats on the new green machine... enjoy !!
    - Mike Bell
    2016 - 3039r Factory cab - 84" Woods box blade , 61" FEL - I-match - 2" Receiver - loaded rear AG (R-1) tires - 59" snow blower- 48" pallet forks - 84" Power angle rear blade
    2014 - 1025r TLB
    60" auto mowing deck, titan pallet forks, 1.5" rear wheel spacers, v bar tire chains, 3 Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks and 3 attaching clevis.
    1967 round fender 110 with snow blade ( restoration in progress)
    1965 round fender 110

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KE8LW View Post
    My favorite implement for my 1025 is pallet forks - secondly you will want a set of at least 2 Kens Bolt on Grab hooks! I got three and love them.

I did make a mistake when I bought my forks I got some nice heavy duty ones and found out later that the lift capacity was greatly reduced because the forks are naturally part of the weight. I'd recommend 36" artillian -

Good luck and congrats on the new green machine... enjoy !!
    Welcome to the site. We love spending someone else's

x2 on Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks. They are the least expensive and best improvements that you can do to your tractor.

Pallet forks are the best thing you never new you wanted till you have them and Artillian's are world class. Get the HD frame with the built in receiver. It is prefect for moving a reasonably sized trailer.

Trailer size, weight, and the terrain that you are moving it on are important. Very important especially if you are moving it with a FEL mounted receiver. You don't want the tail wagging the dog.

Heavy Hitch and Omni both make great 3pt mounted receiver hitches/weight brackets.

I will add a Piranha Toothbar to the list.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    If you have a suitable paved area, a home-brew dolly for the backhoe. Makes dismount/remount a whole lot easier! Chain hooks on the bucket!!!!! Also consider an LED light bar to mount on the roll bar, with the FEL on, the headlights & side work lights don't really cut it if you have to work on a dark & stormy night ....

Also consider adding a mechanical thumb for the backhoe. Really increases its' utility! +1 on some form of pallet forks. The chain-on still do you good if the budget doesn't extend enough for the quick attach.

Nick
    Last edited by nikdfish; 08-17-2016 at 06:32 PM.
    rtgt and danmorea like this.
    2010 JD 3038e w/305 FEL 2013 JD 1025R FILB 2017 JD x394
    RC2060 rotary cutter, BB2060 Box Blade, Strap-On Pallet Forks, Jinma 6" Chipper, Tarter 5' Tiller, TSC Middle-buster, Agri-Supply Keulavator,
    Caroni TC590 5' Finish Mower, TSC 6' Landscape Blade, TSC 6' Landscape Rake, TSC Post Hole Digger, Modified TSC Carry-All w/deck & casters

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    As for what to get depends on what you're going to do the most. Get what you need for the job and the least invasive to what you have and can be taken off and put back on the easiest and fastest.
    rtgt, coaltrain, danmorea and 1 others like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks
    I would also invest in a good grease gun. Grease. Tech manual. Extra fuel filters. All those extra goodies are of no use unless it is running.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    rtgt, Levi, Myasis Dragon and 2 others like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    I would also invest in a good grease gun. Grease. Tech manual. Extra fuel filters. All those extra goodies are of no use unless it is running.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    +1

... also, Lock N Lube tip for the grease gun really helps reduce the aggravation in getting the FEL + BH greasing done. A little pricey @ $30, but I'm really feeling it was cash well spent.

Nick
    xcopterdoc, Levi, danmorea and 1 others like this.
    2010 JD 3038e w/305 FEL 2013 JD 1025R FILB 2017 JD x394
    RC2060 rotary cutter, BB2060 Box Blade, Strap-On Pallet Forks, Jinma 6" Chipper, Tarter 5' Tiller, TSC Middle-buster, Agri-Supply Keulavator,
    Caroni TC590 5' Finish Mower, TSC 6' Landscape Blade, TSC 6' Landscape Rake, TSC Post Hole Digger, Modified TSC Carry-All w/deck & casters

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Thanks

Let me be the first

to paint in JD Green

Grapples from Artillian. If you have the fork frame and forks why not the grapple to go along with them.

Steve
    Levi, danmorea and AirGuard like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    This list is in the order of what I use most first

Seat Springs if you experience the seat bottoming out - Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Home>>

Forks - Artillian - Artillian Tractor Attachments - Light-Weight Heavy-Duty Pallet Forks for John Deere Subcompact & Compact Tractors

Kens Bolt on Hooks - Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Home>>
    Levi, danmorea and AirGuard like this.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

13. The Following User Says Thank You to psrumors For This Useful Post:

danmorea (08-18-2016)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast