• 1 Post By xcopterdoc

Thread: Hour clock adjustment

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 04:10 PM
    Thanks

Hour clock adjustment

good evening everyone,
    I have a 1025r and my dash on the instrument panel was having condensation build up on the inside of it so bad that I could even see my display on a hot day. Covered under warranty the dealer just picked it up tonight to take back and replace. While they were here they said that once the new instrument panel is in my hour clock will be reset back to zero. They said on all other series of tractors the hours would not be effected but for some reason on the 1 series there is nothing they can do. I have 300hrs on mine and would like it to reflect that but as of now looks like I'll be getting it back with zero hours on it.
    Does anyone know if there as any way to adjust the hours to reflect what I really have on the tractor?
    Thanks!
    Travis
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    If THEY can't reset it... Being a clever sort myself I'd be sticking a small piece of duct tape somewhere off the clear plastic that says in Sharpie, "ADD 300 HRS." It's all I would need to remember. Afterwhile the 300 hr add-on would become automatic. I have duct tape notes all over my life.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    If you REALLY want to "reset" your hours, just figure out how to isolate the power to the cluster, apply power, like with a battery with a tender, and in about 12.5 days, you'll have 300 hours. Someone probably can look on the wiring diagram for the tractor and tell which pin numbers power the hour meter.

Just my 2 cents.
    etcallhome likes this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    If you REALLY want to "reset" your hours, just figure out how to isolate the power to the cluster, apply power, like with a battery with a tender, and in about 12.5 days, you'll have 300 hours. Someone probably can look on the wiring diagram for the tractor and tell which pin numbers power the hour meter.

Just my 2 cents.
    Very bad idea.
    Once the cluster has been replaced under warranty, the current (old) hours will be recorded and will be visible forever to any Deere dealer.
    Stabbing 12 volts to a pin on the cluster is a good way to be buying another one. If you found a way to do it, you would then be adding double the time. Mother Deere knows all!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

bhill (08-18-2016)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    Very bad idea.
    Once the cluster has been replaced under warranty, the current (old) hours will be recorded and will be visible forever to any Deere dealer.
    Stabbing 12 volts to a pin on the cluster is a good way to be buying another one. If you found a way to do it, you would then be adding double the time. Mother Deere knows all!

Good point!
    etcallhome and Drifterbike like this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks
    Very bad idea.

If accomplished without any damage and well after the warranty period-what difference would it make to anyone aside from the owner?
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    It wouldn't make any difference. But IMO a simple label is easier than frying a computer. But.. whatever

etcallhome likes this.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 04:10 PM
    Thanks
    Very bad idea.

Thanks!
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    04-26-2019 @ 06:43 PM
    Thanks
    Very bad idea.

Not necessarily correct on the recorded hours. That all depends on the dealer employee submitting the warranty claim. Nothing says they have to enter 300 hrs on the claim. Just has to be greater than the hours entered on the previous claim. If it has never had a claim done, the dealer employee could enter 5 hours if they wanted and it would fly. I've entered claims that would not go through because the person before had entered the hourmeter reading incorrectly on a claim that would be too high and when I entered the hours on my claim correctly, it would reject and tell me that my hours were too low. I would simply increase them in 10 hr increments until it went through.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Cravens View Post
    Not necessarily correct on the recorded hours. That all depends on the dealer employee submitting the warranty claim. Nothing says they have to enter 300 hrs on the claim. Just has to be greater than the hours entered on the previous claim. If it has never had a claim done, the dealer employee could enter 5 hours if they wanted and it would fly. I've entered claims that would not go through because the person before had entered the hourmeter reading incorrectly on a claim that would be too high and when I entered the hours on my claim correctly, it would reject and tell me that my hours were too low. I would simply increase them in 10 hr increments until it went through.
    Yur right Billy. I always placard a decal on the dash and one on the back side of the cluster when I R/R one. Hopefully everyone does it right and down the line it evens out. I don't think we'll have to worry with some of these new small units anyway. Hope you all are busy there Billy and making money!

etcallhome likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements