Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Drive over deck with FEL

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    12-26-2017 @ 10:46 PM
    Thanks

Drive over deck with FEL

Hey guys. When I bought my 1025, the dealer told me not to drive over my 54D deck when I have the FEL on. Even though removing the H120 it quite easy, I wanted to get thoughts on if i would be risking damage to my mower deck if I left the H120 mounted and just removed the bucket when I need to take the 54D on and off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Thanks
    I follow the operators manual. The manual says to take it off, I take mine off. It takes no more time to take the entire FEL off than to just take the bucket off so I would take it off.
    It isn't just the mmm that will see more stress if you leave the FEL on. The front tires will also so more.
    RandyM, bob, Levi and 1 others like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 Times in 1,642 Posts
    IMO with the ease of removing the deck , why would anyone want to leave the mower on when using the FEL. Yes there are times just need to pickup grass or some branches or just to carry something . But if your planning on doing serious work with FEL take the mower off takes what 2 mins at the most.
    Save yourself $$$$ on repairs of your mower deck, take it off.
    RandyM, Levi and Ray_PA like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    Pretty sure the FEL stand hits the mower deck gear box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 AM
    Thanks
    The FEL stands do not hit the mower deck gearbox but the stand could catch on the front hangar which is how I suspect I bent mine (I can't recall if I had the FEL on when I removed it.) I have the front quick attach brackets for a snow blower and that will hit the gearbox on the mower deck if I am a little to the right when coming off of the deck.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 PM
    Thanks
    I take off and install my 60" autoconnect deck all the time with the FEL on. Sometimes with and sometimes without the bucket with no problems. I remember a JD promo video comparing the 1025 to a Kubota showing them doing that promoting the ease of attaching and removing the deck. One of the reasons I went Green.
    rtgt and Creekdrifter like this.
    2017 2038r, Toro Z-Master 27hp 52" deck ( the Buck and the Bull ) 220r FEL, 61" bucket, 60" Autoconnect MMM with command cut, 270b backhoe RB2060L rear blade, BB5060 box blade, Speeco quick hitch, Piranha 53" tooth bar, Land Pride rta1050 tiller, Baker 24 PTO Chipper/ Shreader, Herd fertilizer/seed spreader,16 JD 42 pound weights, Heavy Hitch front and rear weight brackets with 2" receiver, KBOH Hooks and Clevis bracket. Titan 36" forks with receiver hitch.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot-five View Post
    The FEL stands do not hit the mower deck gearbox but the stand could catch on the front hangar which is how I suspect I bent mine (I can't recall if I had the FEL on when I removed it.) I have the front quick attach brackets for a snow blower and that will hit the gearbox on the mower deck if I am a little to the right when coming off of the deck.
    Are you talking about the front weight bracket catching the FEL stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks
    I remember seeing a youtube video of somebody putting the MMM on with the FEL in place. It seemed to work just fine. But I would not do it because the manual says "NO". The FEL is a lot of extra weight. It may work, but it may stressing some parts and lead to premature failure.
    bob and Ray_PA like this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 05:24 AM
    Thanks
    I have the 60D deck and don't think twice about installing it with the loader on. But the 54 is a lighter construction. I am sure it can handle it, but very slow would be important. Bouncing around on it with the loader may be an issue. And also consider you most likely will not have any ballast on the back (if you have the mechanical lift) so the front end will be much heavier with the FEL on.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    05-30-2017 @ 04:50 PM
    Thanks
    I don't worry about it, I've driven over it many times with the FEL on, I have the 54 mmm. I just make sure the bucket is high enough to clear the gear box on the mmm.
    joshn3448 likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast