Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 60D mower disconnect

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-07-2016 @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks

60D mower disconnect

I have searched this site and have not found an answer that will work for me. I can not remove the mower. From this thread:http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ving-deck.html

1. release gauge wheel locks so deck will be able to be completely lowered to ground.
    2. make sure deck is raised completely, then turn knob to install.
    3. lower deck completely to the ground.
    4. flip the lock lever underneath. It can be reached from either side.
    5. put in 4wd and back off deck.

I did all above including unlocking the wheels so the mower is on the ground. The PTO will not release. It is under warranty, but the Deere dealer really doesn't care after the check clears. Any help/where to look is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Thanks
    If it is indeed the pto not letting go when you back up in 4x4 low then I would speculate that the male shaft that is coming out of the gearbox mounted on the mowing deck has socket set screws that are notorious for coming loose and one or both of these has backed out into the female coupler. There is not much space for them to go, I would attempt prying between the female coupler and the gearbox. All my hardware came loose on my autoconnect assembly, I ended up low strength loctiting every nut and bolt under there.
    xcopterdoc, keane and 96PSD like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Jeff. I have read and seen the pictures about the screws. I know what you are talking about. With the space, it is going to be tough to pry it. I was thinking about tying the mower to something and (try to) back off that way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Glad you could make out what I was getting at! I would be careful using tractor power, the cross rods that the pto rides on are not that strong. I know there is not much room under there. I'm hoping for you that a little extra force gets these separated. Please let us know what you discover.
    xcopterdoc and bama1025r like this.
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I decided to do nothing and sent an email to John Deere dealer 8/23. I don't want to break anything. Gotta a reply 8/23 and nothing since. Really wish I had bought something else.
    Last edited by Sowards; 09-01-2016 at 02:53 PM.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 12:21 AM
    Thanks
    Do you have an auto connect PTO? It would be helpful for you to post your equipment configuration. There is enough experience here on GTT that I'm sure we can get you up an running.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes, auto; 1025r 60D. Does Deere make a manual 1025r/60D? That might have been the way to go. The only thing I can see holding it is the PTO, so maybe set screws? I bought 1025r, back hoe, brush hog, tiller and 60D. All cash deal. Son in law has a Kubota and has no problems.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    They offer both a auto-connect hookup and just a regular hookup. with the regular hookup you have to crawl under there and hook the drive shaft up. On a one series there is not alot of room to do it. when i bouhgt mine it was 220$ more for the Auto-Connect. being a old man who like to eat i went with the auto connect.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowards View Post
    Yes, auto; 1025r 60D. Does Deere make a manual 1025r/60D? That might have been the way to go. The only thing I can see holding it is the PTO, so maybe set screws? I bought 1025r, back hoe, brush hog, tiller and 60D. All cash deal. Son in law has a Kubota and has no problems.
    I think more than a few here including myself have had to do a little adjusting on their autoconnect decks. My girlfriend got a 60d and hers was set up perfect and she has had no problems. Mine lost bolts and had the set screw back out on the shaft. I am positive that once these mechanisms are adjusted properly and the bolts and set screws are loctited that the system works perfectly. I know it is frustrating and you should have had no problems with this machine and it is under warranty. I really believe that once you get the coupling separated that you are $.40 worth of set screws and two drops of loctite away from victory. Good luck and please keep us informed of the resulting diagnosis and repair.
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Artillian 36" forks
    Husky log splitter

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Thanks
    Are you sure it is the PTO that is hanging it? I had a similar problem one time with mine after my dealer had worked on it where the deck wouldn't come off the next time I tried to remove it. They had adjusted the turnbuckles on the draft arms so high to raise the mowing height that it wouldn't let the deck go low enough to take the weight of the deck off of the draft arms. I finally pried the deck off, and once it came free the draft arms were sitting above the deck connectors so when trying to put it back on they just went over the top and of course would not connect until I re-adjusted the turnbuckles. You might check that your deck is really going all the way to the ground and taking the weight off of the draft arms.

Good luck, sounds like you may have a dealer like mine.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast