Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 1025R Auto Connect has me pulling teeth

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-15-2019 @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks

1025R Auto Connect has me pulling teeth

Well after having my 1025r for 2 months, I had an issue I couldn't figure out, On my 60"MMM, the auto connect PTO Shaft had an issue today, the shaft for some reason in a bind, the end of the shaft where its suppose to mate with the mower PTO was pointed up nearly straight up, thankfully I never engaged the PTO, if I had, it would have broken something, like the U-Joint or Yoke on the shaft, so after piddling with it for over an hour, I gave up and loaded the MMM and the tractor onto the trailer, for the hour long drive to the John Deere where I bought it. Quality Equipment in Monroe,NC... Well much to my surprise, when I got there, after explaining the situation, Cass, the service manager and a few guys looked at it and within 5 minutes they had fixed the problem!!! They even showed my a trick in case this happened again... Hats off to the guys at Quality Equipment, Monroe, NC, Thats the definition of service!!! I fully expected, and was prepared to have to leave the tractor there and pick it up a few days later, I did not expect them to drop everything were doing to look at mine, I was very pleasantly surprised, I never knew this kind of service even existed anymore!! Thanks again to Cass and the guys at Quality Equipment Monroe, NC!!!
    etcallhome, chex313, 5304 and 7 others like this.
    2016 John Deere 1025R
    60" MMM with Auto-Connect
    H120 Loader
    260 Backhoe
    Artillian 3000lb Fork Frame w/42" Forks & Backrest
    Ken's Differential Lock Pedal
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Mower Deck Axle
    Edge Tamers

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    I'm glad you have such a good dealer, that is important. Next time you have any issues of any nature with your tractor give a little peek on this site, there have been a couple threads on your exact problem. Might have saved you the labor and drive time. This site is unbelievably helpful, I have read threads where someone has had a problem and next time I was by my little tractor I could check for the same issue. For instance someone wrote about how there exhaust muffler was loose and I found loose bolts on mine as well, and my tractor was old enough to fall into a range of units that were delivered with the steering hydraulic hose able to be rubbed through with the front tire. Read some good solutions and went out and rotated the fittings before the damage was done.
    Levi and bama1025r like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    I'm glad you have such a good dealer, that is important. Next time you have any issues of any nature with your tractor give a little peek on this site, there have been a couple threads on your exact problem. Might have saved you the labor and drive time. This site is unbelievably helpful, I have read threads where someone has had a problem and next time I was by my little tractor I could check for the same issue. For instance someone wrote about how there exhaust muffler was loose and I found loose bolts on mine as well, and my tractor was old enough to fall into a range of units that were delivered with the steering hydraulic hose able to be rubbed through with the front tire. Read some good solutions and went out and rotated the fittings before the damage was done.
    +1 here
    bama1025r likes this.
    JD
    2016-1025R
    H120 Loader
    54"MMM W/Mulching Kit
    647 Tiller

Power Beyond Kit Dealer Installed
    Quick Hitch
    Ballast Box
    Titan 42" Forks
    Agri-Fab 175-Pound Tow Broadcast Spreader
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    More to add as needed.

Added:
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Diff Pedal Extension
    Oblong Ring Sling

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    OK whats the little trick?? All of us 1025R owners want to know. I am glad you had a good responce from your dealer, we hear about the bad ones all the time but sealdom about the good ones.
    Jeff B and bama1025r like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    I have an auto connect 60D also. Things that I have learned and have done to mine.

1. Keep all the linkage, drive shaft slip joint and u-joints lubricated.
    2. When installing the mmm and you have lowered the auto connect, don't assume it actually lowered. Get off the tractor and take a look under it. You don't have to crawl under, just take a look. Make sure the auto connect has actually lowered, especially if you have the hydraulic mmm lift, and make sure the drive shaft spline hub is aligned properly
    3. Keep the splines lubed.
    4. I installed nyloc nuts on the driveshaft angle adjustment bolt. This prevents the infamous adjustment bolt from coming loose.
    5. When installing, place the PTO control in rear only.
    6. Check the set screw in the spline adapter on the mmm gearbox to assure it is tight.

I like the auto connect, but there are more things that have to work properly so that means there are more things to go wrong.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    I have an auto connect 60D also. Things that I have learned and have done to mine.

1. Keep all the linkage, drive shaft slip joint and u-joints lubricated.
    2. When installing the mmm and you have lowered the auto connect, don't assume it actually lowered. Get off the tractor and take a look under it. You don't have to crawl under, just take a look. Make sure the auto connect has actually lowered, especially if you have the hydraulic mmm lift, and make sure the drive shaft spline hub is aligned properly
    3. Keep the splines lubed.
    4. I installed nyloc nuts on the driveshaft angle adjustment bolt. This prevents the infamous adjustment bolt from coming loose.
    5. When installing, place the PTO control in rear only.
    6. Check the set screw in the spline adapter on the mmm gearbox to assure it is tight.

I like the auto connect, but there are more things that have to work properly so that means there are more things to go wrong.
    Agree but I'll admit I never do #2 anymore and have never done #5. When I first got the tractor two years ago id get off to make sure the arms were down the first 10 times but haven't since. I've never had to put the pto in rear only to connect the MMM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post

Good point

Thanks

Vince
    2016 John Deere 1025R
    H120 Loader
    260 Backhoe
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Mower Deck Axle
    Edge Tamers

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    OK whats the little trick?? All of us 1025R owners want to know. I am glad you had a good responce from your dealer, we hear about the bad ones all the time but sealdom about the good ones.
    He Disconnected the driveshaft from the transmission and then lightly tapped on the driveshaft with a hammer, unsticking it and allowing it to expand again, then reinstalled the shaft back on the transmission
    Levi likes this.
    2016 John Deere 1025R
    H120 Loader
    260 Backhoe
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Mower Deck Axle
    Edge Tamers

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincentrose For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (08-31-2016), Levi (09-08-2016)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    Agree but I'll admit I never do #2 anymore and have never done #5. When I first got the tractor two years ago id get off to make sure the arms were down the first 10 times but haven't since. I've never had to put the pto in rear only to connect the MMM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, now that I think about it I think I may have forgotten to lower before trying to autoconnect it, so when I drive over it, they werent lined up and the driveshaft got jammed,

Vince
    Levi likes this.
    2016 John Deere 1025R
    H120 Loader
    260 Backhoe
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Mower Deck Axle
    Edge Tamers

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 12:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentrose View Post
    He Disconnected the driveshaft from the transmission and then lightly tapped on the driveshaft with a hammer, unsticking it and allowing it to expand again, then reinstalled the shaft back on the transmission
    Did he grease it after it was unstuck? Lack of grease is probably why it got stuck in the first place.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast