Added LED Side Marker Lights to 1025R
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Added LED Side Marker Lights to 1025R

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Online
    11-25-2018 @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Fenton, MI
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    Added LED Side Marker Lights to 1025R

    Today I had some extra time so I started the process of adding some sidemarker lighting to my 1025R. This is something that I've often wondered why tractor manufacturers leave off since they are essential for being seen from the side at night. Forward facing headlamps and Rear facing tail/stop/turn lamps don't always alert traffic approaching from the side to what direction you're traveling -which is why front sidemarker lights are always amber and rear sidemarker lights are always red (even when the rear turn signal lights are amber). So today, I got the rear sidemarker lights installed. Tomorrow I'm gonna install the front sidemarker lights. Here's a few pictures...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030711sm.jpg   P1030718.jpg  
    mjncad, Kennyd, RandyM and 22 others like this.
    Ken
    ___________________________________________
    2016 JD 1025R TLB
    60" 7-iron MMM w/ auto connect
    54" 'Quick Hitch" front blade

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts


    Well done.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  4. Top | #3
    Drifterbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Location
    Hampton Ill
    Posts
    2,714
    Thanks
    1,084
    Thanked 317 Times in 278 Posts
    Looks great. I ordered some small flashing strobes for snow plowing and salt spreading. I saw someone put them on a orange tractor so I ordered several colors off of eBay. I was amazed how cheap they were. Shipped from China and I had them in a week. I got white, Amber, yellow, & green. I will post after I play with them after my surgery this Wednesday my son flipped out over the green and yellow. That side marker looked great
    Myasis Dragon and BigJim55 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Online
    11-25-2018 @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Fenton, MI
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Finally got around to snapping some photos of the front sidemarker lamps that I installed the weekend after I installed the rears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030722.jpg   P1030721.jpg  
    Ken
    ___________________________________________
    2016 JD 1025R TLB
    60" 7-iron MMM w/ auto connect
    54" 'Quick Hitch" front blade

  7. Top | #5
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Nice job Ken!

    Ken, do you drive on the road a lot?
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Online
    11-25-2018 @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Fenton, MI
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    Ken, do you drive on the road a lot?
    No, I'm not a truck driver or anything like that. I work in the auto industry as a supplier of headlamps and tail lamps (and all other types of transportation lighting), so I'm immersed in lighting-related topics for the global transportation industry all the time -which means my professional life is all about what happens on the road (primarily at night!).
    pcabe5, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Ken
    ___________________________________________
    2016 JD 1025R TLB
    60" 7-iron MMM w/ auto connect
    54" 'Quick Hitch" front blade

  9. Top | #7
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kruss77 View Post
    No, I'm not a truck driver or anything like that. I work in the auto industry as a supplier of headlamps and tail lamps (and all other types of transportation lighting), so I'm immersed in lighting-related topics for the global transportation industry all the time -which means my professional life is all about what happens on the road (primarily at night!).
    Sorry Ken, I meant, Do you drive your tractor on the road a lot at night?
    Last edited by RandyM; 09-15-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Online
    11-25-2018 @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    Fenton, MI
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    Sorry Ken, I meant, Do you drive your tractor on the road a lot at night?

    LOL! Not a lot, really. It's just that I store some of my stuff in my neighbors shed across the street, so I have to drive about 50 yards down the road from my driveway to his whenever I need something (twice a week maybe), and it's very DARK at night in the rural area where I live (with no street lights), and people zip down my winding road faster than they should.... so I've had a couple close calls.

    PLUS... I work in the transportation lighting industry, whose goal it is to make sure vehicles have the requisite amount of conspicuity at night, so there's that!
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Levi and 4 others like this.
    Ken
    ___________________________________________
    2016 JD 1025R TLB
    60" 7-iron MMM w/ auto connect
    54" 'Quick Hitch" front blade

  11. Top | #9
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kruss77 View Post
    LOL! Not a lot, really. It's just that I store some of my stuff in my neighbors shed across the street, so I have to drive about 50 yards down the road from my driveway to his whenever I need something (twice a week maybe), and it's very DARK at night in the rural area where I live (with no street lights), and people zip down my winding road faster than they should.... so I've had a couple close calls.

    PLUS... I work in the transportation lighting industry, whose goal it is to make sure vehicles have the requisite amount of conspicuity at night, so there's that!
    pcabe5, BigJim55, Marlin and 1 others like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  12. Top | #10
    Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Location
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Posts
    4,706
    Thanks
    1,982
    Thanked 793 Times in 471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kruss77 View Post
    Today I had some extra time so I started the process of adding some sidemarker lighting to my 1025R. This is something that I've often wondered why tractor manufacturers leave off since they are essential for being seen from the side at night. Forward facing headlamps and Rear facing tail/stop/turn lamps don't always alert traffic approaching from the side to what direction you're traveling -which is why front sidemarker lights are always amber and rear sidemarker lights are always red (even when the rear turn signal lights are amber). So today, I got the rear sidemarker lights installed. Tomorrow I'm gonna install the front sidemarker lights. Here's a few pictures...
    I like the size and style of these rear LED's. Where did you get them/brand?
    Marlin

    JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear



    https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83



  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •