• 2 Post By wjfawb0
  • 1 Post By RandyM

Thread: Diff pedal linkage question

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Thanks

Diff pedal linkage question

I didn't take a pic yet a bit tired after doing 50 hour service. It went well except for getting that clamp off the hose to slide out the transmission screen. While doing service, noticed a piece of linkage was hanging opposite the side of where the diff pedal linkage is hooked up. I pressed the pedal while laying under the 1025. on the opposite side, there is a similar piece that the hanging linkage should attach. It's a rod with a spring and the cotter pin was broke. I played around and fit it in. I put a stainless washer and a new cotter pin to hold it in place. There is a nut that compresses a spring and was wondering if any one knows how to set it. Will post a pic as soon as I get the chance.

Tnx,
    Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 674 Posts
    My guess is this is what you are referring to. I think the nut is just a way of assembly and if there is some setting of the spring rate it probably isn't overly important. May be someone with a service manual can check on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diff lock.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	235153
    Levi likes this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Thanks

Thanks Randy

That pic is the diff pedal side of the linkage. Where that linkage is tied to the lower side of the transmission pan. Where it ties, there is a rod that goes thru the pan and comes out the other side. On that other side, I found a short piece of linkage hanging that looks like it gets tied into that other end of the rod going thru the pan. I hooked it back up, but didn't know if the nut and spring on that loose hanging piece are set right. When I did the 50 hour service, I found it. The biggest problem I had during the service was getting that hose off the L that goes into the fine screen that gets pulled out. I would have banged the service out really quick if it wasn't for that. Struggled getting that clamp upward without damaging the hose for at least an hour. The infamous zerk didn't give me trouble! I fired the rig up, pto in and out put in gear in and out till I got that zerk where I could get at it. Rig was on jack stands. By the way, I brought a new grease gun at the John Deere dealer. The counter man told me it was a little more expensive ($30.00) I told him it's not worth the time and tolls to save $10 bucks. I have to say, it is a surprisingly high quality gun. Nozzle locks on the zerk at any angle. Tricky getting it off some times. Any way, that hanging link has an end with a 90 degree attached that has a pin with a cotter pin hole. I put it back in the that side of the transmission diff rod, but there is a nylon nut that goes toward or against the spring that is just above the 90 degree tie in. Will post a pic as soon as I can. Thanks for your help, you always step up!
    RandyM and Levi like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 09:25 AM
    Thanks
    Dieselshadow posted up some good images 3 years ago: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ck-1026-a.html
    RandyM and Levi like this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wjfawb0 For This Useful Post:

RandyM (09-07-2016)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    That pic is the diff pedal side of the linkage. Where that linkage is tied to the lower side of the transmission pan. Where it ties, there is a rod that goes thru the pan and comes out the other side. On that other side, I found a short piece of linkage hanging that looks like it gets tied into that other end of the rod going thru the pan. I hooked it back up, but didn't know if the nut and spring on that loose hanging piece are set right. When I did the 50 hour service, I found it. The biggest problem I had during the service was getting that hose off the L that goes into the fine screen that gets pulled out. I would have banged the service out really quick if it wasn't for that. Struggled getting that clamp upward without damaging the hose for at least an hour. The infamous zerk didn't give me trouble! I fired the rig up, pto in and out put in gear in and out till I got that zerk where I could get at it. Rig was on jack stands. By the way, I brought a new grease gun at the John Deere dealer. The counter man told me it was a little more expensive ($30.00) I told him it's not worth the time and tolls to save $10 bucks. I have to say, it is a surprisingly high quality gun. Nozzle locks on the zerk at any angle. Tricky getting it off some times. Any way, that hanging link has an end with a 90 degree attached that has a pin with a cotter pin hole. I put it back in the that side of the transmission diff rod, but there is a nylon nut that goes toward or against the spring that is just above the 90 degree tie in. Will post a pic as soon as I can. Thanks for your help, you always step up!
    Don, sometime I miss the mark a little, but I do try and help the best I can. Wjfawb0"s link to Jason's post maybe more of what you are looking for.

Here is the linkage. It applies the diff lock when you apply the brakes. Good luck on your repair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brake.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	235409
    Last edited by RandyM; 09-07-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyM For This Useful Post:

Jeff B (09-07-2016)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements