• 1 Post By RandyM
  • 5 Post By ddavi239

Thread: Will Not Start

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks

Will Not Start

My 1025R with 250 hours has developed this problem: With the transmission selector in neutral as required, it will not start. I installed a new hot charged battery, but the problem exists. The tractor is 3 1/2 years old. The indicator on the dash reads, put in neutral. Well it is in neutral. Moving the selector to high, neutral and low and back to neutral has no effect. If you do this maybe 8-10 times, it will finally change on the dash to read the hours and then it will crank normally. Could it be a defective "neutral start switch"? I cannot find this underneath. The selector for neutral goes directly into the transmission. Has anyone had this problem? Where is this switch? Thanks to everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,993 Times in 2,950 Posts
    Tomfive and Levi like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (09-07-2016), Levi (09-07-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavi239 View Post
    My 1025R with 250 hours has developed this problem: With the transmission selector in neutral as required, it will not start. I installed a new hot charged battery, but the problem exists. The tractor is 3 1/2 years old. The indicator on the dash reads, put in neutral. Well it is in neutral. Moving the selector to high, neutral and low and back to neutral has no effect. If you do this maybe 8-10 times, it will finally change on the dash to read the hours and then it will crank normally. Could it be a defective "neutral start switch"? I cannot find this underneath. The selector for neutral goes directly into the transmission. Has anyone had this problem? Where is this switch? Thanks to everyone.
    Sounds like a very good place to start.
    Levi likes this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavi239 View Post

Problem solved. Defective neutral start switch. Drain transmission first or there will be a big mess. 7/8 deep well socket needed to remove the switch. The switch screws directly into the transmission and I reached it from the right side of the tractor. Easy fix. Up and running.
    RandyM, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 2 others like this.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddavi239 For This Useful Post:

etcallhome (09-12-2016), gbnpp05 (09-11-2016)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements