Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lawandorder

Thread: 1026 R Neutral Shift message

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-30-2019 @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks

1026 R Neutral Shift message

Got off tractor yesterday and all was good. Got on to start and keep getting neutral shift message on dash. Ive moved gears from h n l and back and forth still get message when trying to start. Did some research here and read the neutral switch messages. Found the plug in for the neutral shift underneath at gear/trans using parts blow up someone else posted.Found that the plug was disconnected, ok thought good that should do it. Plugged it back in and still getting message. Didn't see anything blocking the shift lever although it doesn't seem to be as easy to shift back an forth as usual.

Any thoughts?? All help greatly appreciated.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 05:17 AM
    Thanks
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HouseMouse For This Useful Post:

Lawandorder (09-10-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Thanks
    The neutral switch on mine failed also, same symptoms with the exception of the disconnected wires. I replaced the switch, and all is good. It is a common problem. Have a drain pan handy as quite a bit of fluid will come out when you remove the old switch.
    12' 1026R I-Match, Ballast box, 53" auto connect FEL, 60" auto connect MMM deck, 54" snow blower (Member since 9/2011, but deleted my old account after the data breach)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawandorder View Post
    Got off tractor yesterday and all was good. Got on to start and keep getting neutral shift message on dash. Ive moved gears from h n l and back and forth still get message when trying to start. Did some research here and read the neutral switch messages. Found the plug in for the neutral shift underneath at gear/trans using parts blow up someone else posted.Found that the plug was disconnected, ok thought good that should do it. Plugged it back in and still getting message. Didn't see anything blocking the shift lever although it doesn't seem to be as easy to shift back an forth as usual.

Any thoughts?? All help greatly appreciated.....
    Mine did the same thing. I had 246 hours. I had to replace the switch ($32) and it worked fine. 7/8 deep socket wrench needed to remove the switch. BUT first, drain the transmission fluid as the switch has an o-ring and it screws into the transmission. A terrible mess if you don't drain the transmission first. I disposed of the oil and put in a new filter while I was at it anyway. Zip tie the plastic conduit out of the way so the driveshaft for the deck will not hit it. Simple fix and it works fine now. This should solve your problem.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-30-2019 @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    great folks. thanks for all the help. Im looking for the part number now and will order one.
    Levi likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements