Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: First Tractor Ever - 2 Questions - Backhoe and Keys

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 03:25 PM
    Thanks

First Tractor Ever - 2 Questions - Backhoe and Keys

1) I read on another topic something about the need to lube the levers on the Backhoe. I just got my first tractor (1025r TLB) yesterday and worked my first Backhoe ever for about an hour today for practice (I'm gonna need much more ). The left handle is stiff and will sometimes stick a little and not return on its own to the center. Is that what I need to do - lube the lever? If so, how would I do that?

2) This was delivered to me with one key - shipped direct from the Mainland to Hawaii. Should I have received a spare? Where do I get spares? Are they all the same, or will I have to get blanks and then have them cut? If so, I better be very careful not to lose this one in the meantime.

Oh, one more - I got a main Operator's Manual and another "supplement" for the Backhoe. But I don't see anything for the FEL. And nothing in the Operator's Manual has anything to say about the FEL or the hydraulics. I may have missed it, but two times through the manual and I don't see anything about hydraulic maintenance, filling, type of fluid, etc. Am I missing something?

Good News is that I moved about 15 tons of base course down a hill to a building project yesterday - first 5 hours on the tractor - and both the tractor and I lived to tell about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 10:10 AM
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new 1 Series!

There is another 'Supplement' manual for the H120 loader just like there is one for the backhoe. Your dealer should have included it with the others, let them know it's missing and perhaps they will supply one. If not they're available online.

There was another thread here on what should be included from the dealer, but spates can be had from the dealer or an online JD parts supplier like GFP who is a sponsor here. The keys are universal for all 1 series so it wouldn't be the end of the world if you lost yours, though it would be inconvenient until you got a replacement.

Good job on the gravel and have fun with your next tasks.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Thanks
    Your key should be Deere part # LVA17264 You can find places that sell them all over the web. There are probably a couple hundred up for sale on EBay and any Dealer will have a stack of them.
    Myasis Dragon and RetiredDoc like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 AM
    Thanks
    Not sure exactly where you are, but I know that Lowe's has locations in Hawaii. They have keys for the 1 series in stores around here. That key is shared with some lawn tractors.
    afulton25 and RetiredDoc like this.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubber View Post
    Not sure exactly where you are, but I know that Lowe's has locations in Hawaii. They have keys for the 1 series in stores around here. That key is shared with some lawn tractors.
    Mine came without a spare key. I picked up one in the lawn mower section at Lowes, too. Cost $3.98 plus tax.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	240450
    My local Walmart has them too. They charge $5.09 plus tax.

Mine also came without a manual for the MMM. I picked one up on ebay after waiting for the one the dealer said he'd send me. There's a loader manual on ebay tonight, but ridiculously pricey. I'd lean on your dealer or find a download.

John Deere D120 H120 Farm Loader Operators Manual | eBay
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 638 Posts
    Did you receive the 3-point hitch and related items? It's a big money item, but easy for a dealer to overlook when delivering a TLB.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 03:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    Did you receive the 3-point hitch and related items? It's a big money item, but easy for a dealer to overlook when delivering a TLB.
    Funny you should ask --- It turns out the shipping company would not take loose items when shipping (taped inside the loader counted as loose). And since the backhoe was on, the dealer had to take the hitch stuff back. But he said he is going to send them UPS. It will cost an arm and a leg, but it looks like I will be getting them. We will see.

I am still unsure about all the info about the hydraulics - since I know nothing about them. I don't know if the fluids need to be changed like oil and tranny fluids. And I'm sure there is a filter somewhere that should be cleaned, etc. Where should that info be? As mentioned, two fairly detailed looks through the Operator's Manual and I didn't see a hydraulics "chapter." Did I miss that section?

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    Other than lubrication at the joints, there really isn't any other maintenance required on the FEL I am aware of.. Lube points are pretty obvious. Disconnecting the FEL is very easy and you can find many youtubes to help.

There is a lot of support here for any issue you will have. Enjoy
    Levi likes this.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks
    Lube ever 10 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Wayne

2016 1025 R (Mr. Green Genes)
    H-120 53" Front End Loader
    D-60 Mid Mount Mower
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks Combo Deal!!
    i-match quick hitch
    JD ballast box
    Heavy Hitch Receiver
    CMP Dethatcher
    TSC Middle Buster
    King Kutter 48" Rotary Cutter
    4' Tiller Country Way
    Extended Hook and adjustment pins

12. Top | #10
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    konakid, Check out this thread. It also has links to other threads pertaining to sticking BH controls...

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-too-fast.html

Everything you need to know about keys ...

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ey-dealer.html
    Levi and Jeff B like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (09-19-2016)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast