H-120 Loader parking stand

Thread: H-120 Loader parking stand

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-28-2016 @ 10:50 AM
    Thanks

Question H-120 Loader parking stand

I have a 1023E equipped with the H-120 Loader and 54" Auto attach mowing deck. Purchased it new in July 2012 and now has 27.5 hours on it. Just installed the loader this morning and noticed that one of the castings that holds the parking stand is broke and the other is cracked. Anyone else having issues with this? I have not talked to my dealer yet, but plan to in the near future.
    Last edited by Skip; 05-09-2013 at 12:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-30-2016 @ 04:09 PM
    Thanks
    Use the search tool and you'll find a lot of other info about this problem from other threads. To boilerplate: a new stand exists that doesn't use those castings, and your dealer should replace it under warrantee
    2012 JD 1026R
    H120/49" FEL, 260BH/12", 2048L BB, 3PH Receiver, Piranha Toothbar, Rimguard'd R4s, 3PH Custom Ballast. Custom JDQA Multipurpose Forks, Multi-mount Grapple, ROPS LED's, Frame mount receivers , Backhoe dolly

Mods in progress: BH thumb, 3PH boom, 3PH subsoiler, man-lift cage

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 06:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I have a 1023E equipped with the H-120 Loader and 54" Auto attach mowing deck. Purchased it new in July 2012 and now has 27.5 hours on it. Just installed the loader this morning and noticed that one of the castings that holds the parking stand is broke and the other is cracked. Anyone else having issues with this? I have not talked to my dealer yet, but plan to in the near future.

First of all, Welcome to the forum Skip. Here's a link to the much talked about stand issue. I bought my 1023E at the same time you did and had the casting break also. I would call your dealer now to get it fixed.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ing-stand.html
    Steve

JD 2012/1023E, H120 FEL, 54" QH front plow, JD ballast box, JD 627 tiller, Kens hooks, Log boom, Original Tractor Cab, Small Grapple

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    The dealer "should" replace it no questions asked. It's part of a PIP. Product Improvement Plan. Think Recall.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    01-28-2016 @ 10:50 AM
    Thanks

Update on H-120 Loader stand issue

I just visited my dealer and there is an updated stand for this loader. The update does not use the castings that are the problem, and really a poor design. They have ordered the new stand and will be in middle of next week. I looked at some new loaders that they had in stock and it is definitely a change that will correct this problem. I appreciate everyones responses and now I know why I have been brand loyal to John Deere since my early years growing up on th farm.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    04-05-2016 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I just visited my dealer and there is an updated stand for this loader. The update does not use the castings that are the problem, and really a poor design. They have ordered the new stand and will be in middle of next week. I looked at some new loaders that they had in stock and it is definitely a change that will correct this problem. I appreciate everyones responses and now I know why I have been brand loyal to John Deere since my early years growing up on th farm.
    Did you have to bring the tractor to the dealer to have them asses the problem?
    Are they replacing the stand at their cost and do you know the cost and part number of the new stand?
    I have yet to break the casting but it seems only a matter of time and the interference problem makes it hard to mount the mower as it tends to push it away as you drive up to it. I have been told I must bring the tractor in or they will do nothing.
    It is a 120 mile round trip and I have to rent a trailer so it may be cheaper for me to just buy the new stand out of pocket and have it shipped to my home.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1288 (Copy).JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	652.5 KB 
ID:	17506

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements