1025R - Right Side-Panel scratch protection from Metal Hydraulic Line Retainer VIDEO
Like Tree16Likes
  • 10 Post By JoeFriday1979
  • 1 Post By ErikR
  • 1 Post By ErikR
  • 1 Post By JoeFriday1979
  • 2 Post By ErikR
  • 1 Post By testerg

Thread: 1025R - Right Side-Panel scratch protection from Metal Hydraulic Line Retainer VIDEO

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Thanks

1025R - Right Side-Panel scratch protection from Metal Hydraulic Line Retainer VIDEO

I put together the attached video to demonstrate how I modified my 'Hydraulic Line Retainer' so that the sharp edges won't scratch my side-panel when removing and reinstalling.

For those obsessive compulsive's among us.

Last edited by Kennyd; 09-28-2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Updated and embedded video
    RandyM, etcallhome, Levi and 7 others like this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeFriday1979 For This Useful Post:

bama1025r (09-28-2016), RandyM (09-26-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Thanks
    Nice video! I just had to run out to the garage and check..... I'm missing the front line holder. I have only the rear one. I guess I'll have to look into this..

Thanks.
    JoeFriday1979 likes this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Thanks
    I don't think I have either one of those brakets... LOL I have single bracket (useless) that is attached to the FEL.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartazoo View Post
    I don't think I have either one of those brakets... LOL I have single bracket (useless) that is attached to the FEL.
    There should be 2 on the right-hand side. Although, maybe I have two because I also ordered the 'snow blower' attachment with mine, and I know the hydraulics thread through both of those curly cue retaining hooks.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I just got back from the dealer. They had one, #M145430. I stopped at the hardware store for a 8x30 metric bolt, a couple of washers and a lock nut.... Oh, and I sort of did what you did, I covered the end with a plastic cap that I found down in my basement in a box of wire shelf accessories.

I probably should have had 2 of them from day one as I ordered the 47" blower when I purchased the tractor....
    JoeFriday1979 likes this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikR For This Useful Post:

JoeFriday1979 (09-26-2016)

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikR View Post
    I just got back from the dealer. They had one, #M145430. I stopped at the hardware store for a 8x30 metric bolt, a couple of washers and a lock nut.... Oh, and I sort of did what you did, I covered the end with a plastic cap that I found down in my basement in a box of wire shelf accessories.

I probably should have had 2 of them from day one as I ordered the 47" blower when I purchased the tractor....
    That is interesting that there wasn't a second one.... which one did you lack? The forward one or the one closest to the foot platform?

Also: The easiest way to cap those sharp 'curly-cue' ends is with a 'white' rubber screw cap from Menards.... I believe they are 1/4" ID.... and they fit perfectly. I initially used them, but just couldn't bear the thought of not having a John Deere green cap...hahahaha.... so, the 5/16" green screw cap is a little tight and difficult to get on over the 3/8" OD clear tube.... but they do stretch and you can get it to fit.
    bama1025r likes this.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I was missing the front one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7526.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	244138
    bama1025r and JoeFriday1979 like this.

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 12:25 PM
    Thanks
    I actually did this after reading the helpful description. I spent over an hour trying to get the hose onto the retainer without using a lubricant. It took about 45 seconds after I put some dish soap on it. Most things I attempt to do, fail.
    Levi likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements