Views:	31
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	244418

Click image for larger version.

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	244426

Landscape rake with gauge wheels should be in Friday. Purchased the LR 2060L. Once I'm done and get my property under control, I felt I needed a lighter rake for the perimeter where my open space meets the brush and light work. Hope I didn't screw up and should have gotten a heavier rake. Been using my Bush Hog box blade. Should have raked it first than started grading but used what I had. Topped the tractor off with fuel, washed the radiator and screen, greased the zerks again, 50 hour complete service done and picked up 20 gallons of diesel! Going to get up at 05:00 hundred hours and hopefully crawl in at dusk like a scene from the, "the grapes of wrath"!

Have a 54" front blower and want to get a back blade and cut a rubber strip from a tractor supply horse mat. Still debating what to do. I really don't need a rear blade for grading, I have a 5 foot and a 4 foot box blade. Really don't know weather to get a county line and beat it into position or buy a frontier, Everything attachments, Land pride etc. want to have a rear blade in service with the rubber strip for old man winter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks

Sideway pictures

If anyone will teach me how to post pictures in proper position, would appreciate. It's driving me nuts.

4. Top | #3
    JKR
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 12:35 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like you are having fun. Just keep a few cans of diesel fuel around.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Regarding the blade, a box blade can't do much for snow. A rear blade can move material sideways which is better for snow, crowning a road and cutting ditches. A rear blade can also angle, a box blade can't. You can tilt your three point hitch with either, but a rear blade gives you more options.

As for what brand, they're not precision tools but they shouldn't be overly sloppy either. A little play is normal but without seeing what you're talking about on the County Line blades I'm afraid I don't quite understand where the problem is other than something doesn't line up quite right.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

56ford

When I looked at the rear blades at tractor supply, They were all standing upright in the yard. I went there for some odds and ends and after loading my truck with my son, I decided to eye ball the rear blades. I stood over at least ten and sighted the bar in relation to the blade and they were way off. As I posted in a previous post, it was like they were attached to a three point hitch, and the blade was welded crooked in relation to the tractor, and I mean way way off.

I know the box blade has nothing to do with snow. I probably should have worded it better. What I was trying to say is I probably won't need a rear blade for other than cleaning up after the front blower. However, If I'm going to get a rear blade for the snow, I should probably get a decent quality one that I could use for both snow and earth work.
    Levi likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts

Enjoying tractor

When you say the bar is tilted- which bar? The main tube of the blade? Which way is it tilted? If the blade were on the tractor and the tube perfectly level, would the blade be angled down side to side, angled up or down front to back or turned sideways like you would turn it to move material?
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    When I looked at the rear blades at tractor supply, They were all standing upright in the yard. I went there for some odds and ends and after loading my truck with my son, I decided to eye ball the rear blades. I stood over at least ten and sighted the bar in relation to the blade and they were way off. As I posted in a previous post, it was like they were attached to a three point hitch, and the blade was welded crooked in relation to the tractor, and I mean way way off.

I know the box blade has nothing to do with snow. I probably should have worded it better. What I was trying to say is I probably won't need a rear blade for other than cleaning up after the front blower. However, If I'm going to get a rear blade for the snow, I should probably get a decent quality one that I could use for both snow and earth work.
    Nice and convenient that Tractor Supply is at Cox's Corner no?
    I keep eyeballing the rear 3 point booms there in the parking lot.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks

First, thanks again for taking the time to help, really appreciate. I'm new to tractors so learning. They stood up with the blade down. I sighted the lower bar on the three point hitch where the bolt on pins are, in relation to the blade. They should be parallel. They were way way off. I'm not talking about an inch over 5 feet. They were all off between 3-5 inches.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    You have been busy. Your backyard will look wonderful once it is all done. I just saw sign for a new Tractor Supply coming to the East Windsor/ Monroe border in the near future right at Rt 33 and Applegarth Road. Site prep is under way now so I am guessing 6-9 months.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2014- JD 1025r
    L120 59" FEL, 260 BH, 60D MMM
    66"/54" plow with Artillian extension and rubber edge
    Artillian 36" forks
    JD 550 3PT Tiller
    54" spike aerator
    Fimco 3PT 40 gal boom sprayer
    Trac-Vac 580
    CMP 3PT 60" Dethatcher
    51" Lucknow 3PT rear snowblower
    Omni Transformer 3PT weight rack w/ 2" hitch receiver 6-42lbs weights

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Thanks

Tilt

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    First, thanks again for taking the time to help, really appreciate. I'm new to tractors so learning. They stood up with the blade down. I sighted the lower bar on the three point hitch where the bolt on pins are, in relation to the blade. They should be parallel. They were way way off. I'm not talking about an inch over 5 feet. They were all off between 3-5 inches.
    If the blades are parallel to the pins, that's clearly bad construction but my guess is the hitch was tilted slightly from side to side. That's pretty normal with a blade on the ground and the hitch in the air as the alignment pins have to have some slop or it's difficult to install them as you turn the blade.
    That's just a guess.

Treefarmer
    Levi, BigJim55 and TheOtherChris like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast