Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Would feel better if I had an opinion on this

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Thanks

Would feel better if I had an opinion on this

I have been grading my backyard with a box blade. Cleared quite a bit of trees. After clearing, I started rough grading to find stumps that were missed by guy grinding or weren't grinded enough. Plucked them all out and everything was good. While grading back and forth, box blade hit a stump and I started to dig it out. There was an approximate 4" round stump sticking up. After digging, it was a small piece of a major tree or a mixture of trees with the stumps in a major cluster. Dug around it and have a guy coming in to grind it. While operating, was going in reverse and backed into the crater. Box blade was dead on top of the stump so rear wheels were suspended, front wheels spun. I was able to get out. Worked the 3 point lever up and down and used the FEL to raise lower and help me get out. Now it seems that when I am operating with the box blade, I have to push the lever more to have it come up. It might be me reading into it. I felt that before this I could feather the blade up under load and now it doesn't feather up unless I push the lever a bit and it comes up a lot. I put the machine on level ground and raised and lowered the three point. The first 1/4 of the lever does nothing when raising, but when lowering box blade on concrete it will lift the rear of the tractor a bit so I feel that's part of the dig in range. Took implement off and everything seems to raise and lower fine except for a little vibration noise. Those 3pt arms on the tractor do have a Little slop but snap rings are in and looks ok. Question is, if tractor was suspended by box blade on stump and FEL out side of ditch, would that weight damage my three point lift mechanism. Do they either work or fail? Did throw the lift lever back and forth while suspended and trying to get out. It had no effect with raising or lowering the tractor. but wondering if that kind of weight on the 3poimt lift could have affected anything. Have had so many little problems that were covered and many I fixed myself, hope I didn't screw anything up. Should have been paying more attention while going in reverse. Hopefully it's just me but it doesn't seem to feather up under load with box blade full utilL I lift it quit a bit.

Would really appreciate Any thoughts.

Tnx, Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks

3pt

My previous post on the 3 pt bolt breaking happened days after what I just posted above. Not related.
    Levi likes this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Firemark For This Useful Post:

bob (09-28-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    The first 1/4 of the lever does nothing when raising, but when lowering box blade on concrete it will lift the rear of the tractor a bit so I feel that's part of the dig in range.
    Lowering the 3PH lifts the rear of the tractor?
    Levi likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks

Wrong words, doesn't lift it.

With the box blade attached and the lever is thrown to the full lower position, I could see the rear wheels have less pressure. In other words the wheels are on the ground and touching the ground but I can see that the implement in full down slightly reduces weight of tractor on rear wheels.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,613 Posts
    when lowering box blade on concrete it will lift the rear of the tractor a bit

Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Lowering the 3PH lifts the rear of the tractor?
    News to me !!!
    Levi likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Your 3. has NO LIFT. ( Down Force)

Likely your BB is just heavy & it appears that it lifts tractor when you lower BB on concrete.

In actuality its your tractor taking a deep breath cause its tired of holding up 4-600 lbs.

To test this theory of yours.;

1. unhook BB from tractor.

2. lower 3. arms ALL the way ( this would be your "lift" position)

3. You should be able to grab both arms and pick them up to there highest position.

If not......were gonna need pictures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

check the flow control knob.....should be behind your seat. Is on my 955.....you don't say which model you have.

Perhaps you bumped it and that has changed your " feel" of the BB.
    Last edited by theduke; 09-28-2016 at 04:27 PM.
    Kennyd, etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 1 others like this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks

Thanks duke

Going to do it now. Thanks again.
    Levi likes this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Your three point can not push down. It's a single acting cylinder that only lifts. What you're seeing is the weight of the blade being removed from the tractor and resting on the ground.
    RandyM, etcallhome, Doug and 4 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks

Checkup

Duke, box blade off, shut off tractor and was able to lift with my hands the entire linkage to the top. Fired up tractor, threw lever back and forth, 3 pt went up and down. going to spin the drop knob tomorrow and repeatedly move it up and down under different drop settings. Was uncomfortable with box blade hung up on stump and rear wheels spinning put. Lotta weight on that 3pt lift mechanism. Hopefully it's my perception and I can chalk one off for the good guys. Tractor going back for a tie rod boot that fell off, a diff pedal linkage issue and a few other minor things. Hoping I don't have a lift issue but want to address it. Thanks again!

Don
    Levi, BigJim55 and ErikR like this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Next time you get your BB hung up on a stump or whatever.

Stop what your doing and tighten your Top Link....This will raise it more.
    Then tighten the arms ( verticle ones) one side should have a big wingnut looking thing on it . Right side looking from the rear.
    The other side usually has to be unhooked on one end to tighten.

If that dosen't give enough room to get Un stuck. Just ( TRY )to remove the BB completly and drag it out with the FEL or whatever.

The 3. arms can and will bend...usually when useing the BB in reverse.
    I see you broke a stabilizer....join the club. Mine are/were 55$
    I've repaired a few to better/stronger than new but I also am a bit more carefull now. Those are kinda a fuse to keep from busting more expensive parts ..in my mind anyway.

Add your tractor model to your Signature ....then we know what model your referring to when you post..just a thought.

Dan in Oregon
    Last edited by theduke; 09-28-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast