Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: 1025r QUESTIONS

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-12-2019 @ 08:05 PM
    Thanks

1025r QUESTIONS

I am currently looking at a new 1025r w/ FEL and 60"mmm to replace my 425 w/54" deck and Kubota L3130 with FEL and finish mower. I have a couple of questions after speaking with my local JD dealer:

1. The dealer told me that he did NOT recommend the auto connect PTO. He said you have to get off the tractor to attach or remove the deck anyway so what is a couple more seconds to hook/unhook the PTO? He said it is just an expensive pain in the butt. He said it is also very hard to consistently drive over the deck so the auto connect works correctly anyway. I did not even realize the auto connect was an option that could be added/deleted. Anyone have complaints with the auto connect or wish they didn't opt for it?

2. Have the 2015 or 2016 model year units completely addressed the issues with the FEL controls (floppy bucket syndrome, bucket droop, etc.)? I know some of the threads about the issues and fixes were a few years old. Since I am replacing two tractors with one (no backup), I want to make sure I make the right choice.

3. Thoughts on the 3 point iMatch Quick Hitch, worth it, or not?

Thanks in advance. This sight is a terrific source of information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    I bought mine in April and could not be happier. The auto connect works great for me. Only time you have to get off is to flip a little, reachable, level and release the scalping wheels. Driving over is the best. I could not imagine tugging that huge thing from under the tractor not to mention connecting and unconnecting the PTO. FEL for me works great as do the forks that I purchased.

Not sure why the dealer said that. It may take a few tries to get used to it but it was no big deal for me.

I would not get it without the auto-connect. Others here will chime in shortly I am sure. It's what they do. They help others with expert advice.

Enjoy your ride
    Levi, BigJim55, keane and 1 others like this.
    JD
    2016-1025R
    H120 Loader
    54"MMM W/Mulching Kit
    647 Tiller

Power Beyond Kit Dealer Installed
    Quick Hitch
    Ballast Box
    Titan 42" Forks
    Agri-Fab 175-Pound Tow Broadcast Spreader
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    More to add as needed.

Added:
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Diff Pedal Extension
    Oblong Ring Sling

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    i love my auto connect. Even if you buy the non-auto connect its still a drive over deck. Be sure and get the H120 loader and not the D120, the quick attach is worth it. i have had mine since august 4 and have had deck off three times just to clean and lube it.
    Levi, BigJim55 and keane like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Thanks
    My opinions are:

1) Yes, auto-connect does save time and hassle of manually connecting the shaft and I would still buy it the 2nd time around. I still get off the tractor after having driven over the deck but before the auto connect engages to check if it will successfully connect. The marketing that JD does implies its drive-over and not even think about it. I believe dealers get a lot of complaining about auto-connect and have become "incentivized" not to recommend it given the support they have to provide on this particular feature.

2) Yes, both years have addressed those the floppy bucket syndrome. I'm less familiar with the droop but if it the question is does the bucket droop over hrs of sitting the answer is yes. In a perfect world with perfect valves it wouldn't but JD doesn't use perfect valves - it is what it is and doesn't matter to me.

3) YES! I answer that as it relates to attaching a detaching a rear ballast box, which I do a lot. I finally bought a quick hitch system the other week. I wish I had bought the quick hitch with the tractor. By the way, you also want a ballast box. Fluid filled tires are not sufficient ballast for the full capacity of the FEL.
    Last edited by jbfrancis3; 09-29-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    2015 1025R w/ H120 Loader, 60D MMM AutoConnect, 54" QH Snowblower & Titan Pallet Forks

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:59 AM
    Thanks

1025r

I have had mine for about 12 weeks and have 150 hours on it. My deck was really set up right re: auto connect. The only thing You have to do make sure the scalp wheels are all the way up, lower the deck, get out reach underneath and flip one clip. Then you back out over it and off you go. To reinstall, drive over it wait for the click than lift it with the lever. Not familiar with other setup but I would imagine getting off to flip a clip is no comparison to what's involved with the non auto connect. Dealer might not be setting the decks up right and buy pushing the other version, responsibility for hookup goes to buyer, hence no dealer headache.

They are very sensitive in alignment but mine has been trouble free. The only trouble I had was when practicing putting on the front 54" blower, I had to remove the auto connect to put in longer drive shaft to front blower. There are two"turn buckles", Dealer and I had trouble with the auto connect that delivery day after installing blower. I finally figured out that it was the turn buckles that was spun when we disconnected to install blower. I looked at it, reinstalled after trying a half a turn multiple times and when I nailed it, everything worked perfect again. Thinking of putting some lock tight on the threads or maybe a thin guitar string around the threads on each side and twisting it tight when I set up for winter.

All in all, the auto connect has been great, stop, drop, flip a clip and back out. Reinstall-drive over it and throw the lift lever.
    Last edited by Firemark; 09-29-2016 at 01:25 PM.
    Levi, BigJim55, keane and 3 others like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    All 1 series decks are drive over and connect to the tractor on their own. The auto connect option is solely to connect or disconnect the PTO shaft to the mower deck. It works well when setup and adjusted correctly, if your dealer is having a lot of problems with them then it may because their techs aren't setting them up properly. You do have to get off the tractor regardless to adjust the gauge wheels.

2: Yes. We haven't seen complaints on the 1025 like we did the older 1026.

3: Yes if you plan to switch implements often.
    Levi, keane, Drifterbike and 1 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    I'd sure hate to think Deere would spend the countless amount of dollars in advertising for the auto connect feature and make sales on an insane amount of tractors with it for something that would result in pissed off customers and overloaded service departments trying to resolve complaints. I have read threads with writings of issues on it but it seems they were resolved with proper setup and adjustments. I had a kubota with mmm and it SUCKED dragging that freakin deck out from under the tractor and shoving it back under to reattach. The tractor was border line useless with the deck attached when trying to use implements on the 3point so I developed a true hate for the mmm over time with the removal and reattaching of it. Even if the auto connect feature only half a** worked, it's worth it in my opinion to be able to drive over the deck and at least have things close enough to connect it with a little "tinkering".
    Levi, kjmk, keane and 1 others like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,609 Posts
    Your dealers mechanic most have their head up their A$$, or at least your dealer does. Guessing they have had customers complaints for not connecting . Yes it is expensive at first ,found out the hard way for not getting it when I had my 60" deck. I bought it I think 2 or 3 months after getting the tractor and installed it myself. I've had auto connect PTO on two different tractors and only had a problem one time. It was my fault, had a low rear tire on one side and it would not connect.
    As for being easy to connect drive shaft yes it is on a 54 deck ,, I found it a pain in the A$$ for the 60" . IMO I do not recommend the 60" if your lawn is sloped. After having 54" decks for close to 10 yrs I was not happy with the 60 till I finally lowered the gauge wheels to either touch a hard surface or about 1/8-1/4" off the surface.

I wen from a early 1026r with problems on FEL to a 1025r no problems in over 260hrs with bucket droop.

IMatch <<<<YES go for it if you connect to rear blade, tiller or other attachments ,,saves the back. To begin with I had a HF for over 8yrs -- 2 yrs ago went with JD ..

Oh buy a steering wheel spinner if you don't already have one. Makes mowing and FEL use IMO a breeze.
    Last edited by etcallhome; 09-29-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    05-12-2019 @ 08:05 PM
    Thanks
    My understanding of the "bucket droop" issue is that the bucket or forks would tip down, when loaded, when you went to curl the bucket up. It appears to have been a problem in the loader control valve.

Thanks for the advice on the ballast box. I would definitely fill the rear tires, good to know this is not enough counter weight for the loader though.

Yes, looking at the H120 loader, not the D120.

Sounds like auto connect PTO is a winner, to me.

Appreciate all of the comments!

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Thanks
    I downgraded from 2 tractors to 1 this year. I had a JD 1026R & a JD 4120. I now have a 2025R.

I had the 1026R 4 years & 240 hours. I never had any problem with the auto connect PTO.

I had the bucket problems on the 1026R, dealer took care of it. I would hope that Deere solved the problem on the newer models.

I would not have a tractor without an 3 point quick hitch.
    Last edited by ChrisR; 09-29-2016 at 06:32 PM.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast