Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: 1025R leaking fluid

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Thanks

1025R leaking fluid

I think I have some sort of leak coming from the transaxle/transmission of my 1025r. I had noticed a couple drips on the floor of the shed over the past couple of weeks. The other day I got ready to change the hydraulic fluid. Once I got under the tractor, I noticed that the bottom of the tranny was quite wet with oil. I stopped what I was doing so I can get it to the dealer to check/fix. I called them today and spoke with the service mgr. He stated that he was 99% sure that whatever they find would be covered under warranty. I found that odd that he would be so straight out with that, makes me think this is something that they have seen before. Either way, as long as it gets fixed and stops leaking, and I don’t have to pay for anything, I am OK with that. I do have to pay for the round trip transportation to their shop ($85), but whatever. I will update this thread as I get more info. They are coming to get the tractor on Friday.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with Piranha tooth bar
    HLA 42" Forks
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape rake
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    Stihl BR430 backpack blower
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Thanks
    It seems pretty common to have a slow leak where the halves and covers of the tranny meet up, and are basically just gooped up with silicone when they are assembled.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:16 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post
    I think I have some sort of leak coming from the transaxle/transmission of my 1025r. I had noticed a couple drips on the floor of the shed over the past couple of weeks. The other day I got ready to change the hydraulic fluid. Once I got under the tractor, I noticed that the bottom of the tranny was quite wet with oil. I stopped what I was doing so I can get it to the dealer to check/fix. I called them today and spoke with the service mgr. He stated that he was 99% sure that whatever they find would be covered under warranty. I found that odd that he would be so straight out with that, makes me think this is something that they have seen before. Either way, as long as it gets fixed and stops leaking, and I don’t have to pay for anything, I am OK with that. I do have to pay for the round trip transportation to their shop ($85), but whatever. I will update this thread as I get more info. They are coming to get the tractor on Friday.
    How many hours are on your tractor?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post
    It seems pretty common to have a slow leak where the halves and covers of the tranny meet up, and are basically just gooped up with silicone when they are assembled.
    That is very worrisome as two machined surfaces should be very easy to seal with silicone...........Done correctly, they should never leak.
    Levi likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    How many hours are on your tractor?
    72 hours.
    HLA 42" Forks
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    72 hours.
    Will be curious to know what they find is causing the leak. At 72 hours, there really shouldn't be any part failure such as a seal or gasket that would cause a leak. I have seen some photo's of the excess sealant found in many of these newer tractor rear end assemblies and the amount of extra silicone must have been some sort of machine malfunction or if done by a person (unlikely) it must have been a Monday after a really rough weekend.

I also read about some issues with the camera's which were monitoring the robotic use of silicone sealant and the camera's were failing to spot missing sealant, but one would think that would leak from the moment it rolled on the floor.

Make sure to let us know what they find and how it turns out.
    Levi likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    I am curious about the $85. How far did they have to come to pick it up and drop it back off for that?
    JD
    2016-1025R
    H120 Loader
    54"MMM W/Mulching Kit
    647 Tiller

Power Beyond Kit Dealer Installed
    Quick Hitch
    Ballast Box
    Titan 42" Forks
    Agri-Fab 175-Pound Tow Broadcast Spreader
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    More to add as needed.

Added:
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Diff Pedal Extension
    Oblong Ring Sling

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Will be curious to know what they find is causing the leak. At 72 hours, there really shouldn't be any part failure such as a seal or gasket that would cause a leak. I have seen some photo's of the excess sealant found in many of these newer tractor rear end assemblies and the amount of extra silicone must have been some sort of machine malfunction or if done by a person (unlikely) it must have been a Monday after a really rough weekend.

I also read about some issues with the camera's which were monitoring the robotic use of silicone sealant and the camera's were failing to spot missing sealant, but one would think that would leak from the moment it rolled on the floor.

Make sure to let us know what they find and how it turns out.
    It may have been leaking since day 1 for all I know. This was the first time I was underneath it with a flashlight to look around. I have only kept it in the shed for about 6 weeks, which is right around when I first noticed the leak. Would not have seen the drips in the dirt before I finished building the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvada View Post
    I am curious about the $85. How far did they have to come to pick it up and drop it back off for that?
    The dealer has a standard price list for all the nearby towns. My house is about 10 miles away, a 20 minute drive. According to their website, the round trip is anywhere from $77 to $157 depending on distance/town.
    Levi likes this.
    HLA 42" Forks
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post
    That is very worrisome as two machined surfaces should be very easy to seal with silicone...........Done correctly, they should never leak.
    It should be pretty simple, but oil will slowly make it's way through even the tiniest gap. Even the best machined components need a gasket or sealant, and if they miss a tiny spot...you get a leak.
    joshn3448 and bama1025r like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    It may have been leaking since day 1 for all I know. This was the first time I was underneath it with a flashlight to look around. I have only kept it in the shed for about 6 weeks, which is right around when I first noticed the leak. Would not have seen the drips in the dirt before I finished building the shed.
    Usually when these tractors leak in the rear end or drive units, all kinds of grass and dirt will stick to the area of the leak., especially under the rear of the tractor where it catches grass debris from mowing. I have seen them where I had to use a leaf blower to get the debris off that was stuck to the rear end assembly from the leak. If that rear drive area has been really dirty, it may have been leaking for awhile.

The other thing about oil leaks is a really small leak looks like a LOT of oil. But in reality, these hydro units hold about 2 gallons of fluid and even if they drip out a pint, it looks like a big spot......The good news is if the floor of the shed is wood, that oil on the wood will preserve it for a long time........
    etcallhome, keane and Drifterbike like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast