I am about to remove my Mid Mount Mower deck (Auto Connect D60) from my JD 1025R for the very first time.
I have read through the instructions... and notice that the INSTALLATION calls for putting the PTO selector to the REAR ONLY PTO setting.
Do I have to do that when REMOVING the mower deck as well?
Other than that....
AUTO CONNECT D60 MID-MOUNT MOWER REMOVAL STEPS
- Park machine on firm, flat surface.
- Ensure I have enough 'back-up' room to move my tractor completely off the deck in reverse.
- Lock Park Brake.
- Disengage Mower Blades.
- Release gage wheel locks and set height of cut control to INSTALL position.
- Lower mower deck to ground.
- Stop engine.
- Raise the rear deck LOCK LEVER to the UP position.
- Start engine and engage tractor to 4 WHEEL DRIVE in LOW RANGE
- Slowly back tractor off mower.
- Raise lift system fully and turn height of cut control to the LOCK position.
Is that it? Anything the manual didn't cover?
AUTO CONNECT D60 MID-MOUNT MOWER INSTALLATION STEPS
- Set mower height control to the INSTALL position
- Raise handle to release lock on each gage wheel - ensuring mower is sitting firmly and flatly on level ground.
- Ensure that rear lock assembly is in the locked position.
- Lower mower lift arms using SCV or rockshaft lever control
- Shirt machine PTO selector to REAR PTO ONLY to allow the mid-PTO and driveshaft to turn freely and engage the mower gearbox with minimal resistance.
- Engage tractor MFWD (4 wheel Drive) and in LOW RANGE drive slowly up to deck, aligning outside of left front tire with inside edge of mower alignment bar
- Drive Tractor slowly and straight over tope plates on mower....and continue forward until the front draft link pivot pin fully engages wthe notches in the front suppor hangers and the mower starts to move worward with machine.
- Stop machine...engage PARK BRAKE.
- Stop the engine.
- Dismount and ensure the rear lock tab on each side of mower is 'RAISED' AND FIRMLY SEATED AGAINST THE REAR LIFT ARM ROD.
- Start engine and lift mower to highest position
- Adjust gage wheels as required for desired mowing height.
- Adjust HEIGHT-OF-C UT control back to desired setting..... lower mower.
Anything other than manual instructions noted above for installation?
Thanks a bunch people!