1025R H120 Front End Loader -bucket dump vs bucket transport position hydraulic speed
Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By 56FordGuy
  • 1 Post By Ultrapile
  • 5 Post By 56Nine
  • 2 Post By JoeFriday1979
  • 1 Post By Levi
  • 2 Post By W9GFO

Thread: 1025R H120 Front End Loader -bucket dump vs bucket transport position hydraulic speed

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Thanks

1025R H120 Front End Loader -bucket dump vs bucket transport position hydraulic speed

Has anyone noticed this with their H120 Front End Loader:

Hydraulic bucket 'dumping' speed motion is slower than the hydraulic motion to move the bucket to it's 'transport' position. Or is it just me? Maybe that is by design....?? Just seems kind of slow to dump a load verses retracting the bucket back to the position you would transport a load.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    When curling up, part of the surface area of the piston is taken up by the ram. Smaller surface area equates to faster speed.

It's also possible that you're not utilizing the regen function. If you move the control lever past dump, there's a fast dump position further to the right.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-here-%3B.html
    Levi, BigJim55, W9GFO and 1 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 56FordGuy For This Useful Post:

JoeFriday1979 (10-10-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    I had not understood the regen until reading that post.
    Last edited by Ultrapile; 10-10-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ultrapile For This Useful Post:

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Thanks
    I agree with 56ForGuy, you might want to check the dumping rate in the "E" section of the loader control. But be careful, a full bucket could unload too fast. Personally I only get into this area when the bucket is empty, or when a super light touch is needed while back dragging.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h120loader_control.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	250417
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 56Nine For This Useful Post:

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks guys - I knew there was a 'float' setting past the forward detent on the joystick, but didn't realize there was one to the 'right side' dump.... I probably should review my manual, huh? lol....

Appreciate the advice. Not completely understanding the whole 'regen' concept.... but sounds like it will dump the bucket faster..... I will try it on an empty bucket and see what it does.

Thanks again guys!
    BigJim55 and BetterThanATonka like this.

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday1979 View Post
    Has anyone noticed this with their H120 Front End Loader:

Hydraulic bucket 'dumping' speed motion is slower than the hydraulic motion to move the bucket to it's 'transport' position. Or is it just me? Maybe that is by design....?? Just seems kind of slow to dump a load verses retracting the bucket back to the position you would transport a load.
    At times I have this same problem. It's not the equipment, it's me. You have to get that sweet spot. Sometimes I'll move the joy stick to the right but it doesn't want to operate right and then I'll bring it toward the back of the tractor and it will operate the way it should. It's like finding the right gear in a transmission between 1st and reverse if reverse is beside 1st and the transmission is sloppy.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:

13. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    ...you might want to check the dumping rate in the "E" section of the loader control. But be careful, a full bucket could unload too fast.
    I routinely use the regen function (when I remember) when dumping a full bucket. By full, I mean heaping full - so heavy that I can't lift it more than about 4 ft. It has always dumped at a moderate, controlled rate. Wouldn't bother me at all if it dumped a bit faster.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements