Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: cab 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 09:10 PM
    Thanks

cab 1025r

Are the cabs for a 1025 r and a 1026 the same? Would a 1026r cab fit a 1025r?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,517 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Yep plus a 1023
    pcabe5, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

FC2301 (10-15-2016)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-05-2019 @ 06:12 AM
    Thanks
    Any opinions on the Curtis vs Tektite cabs? The Tektite seems to have more glass, which I prefer the look of. Any reliability issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 05:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanator View Post
    Any opinions on the Curtis vs Tektite cabs? The Tektite seems to have more glass, which I prefer the look of. Any reliability issues?

Funny you mention that...... Just viewed a hard sided Tektite in Grand Falls a few days ago. It was a hard sided..... It was mounted on an Orange unit. "If" your a budget minded person, I would stick with a Curtis unit. The Tektite is a well built, sturdy one. Great looking heater in the cab. Lots of glass, Wing window to the rear of the driver to open and close for ventilation rather than the door glass up and down etc. Not sure If I liked it or not. Rear glass as far as I observed didn't remove for a back hoe application (could be wrong), which means the whole cab must come off for that implement.
    Last edited by HouseMouse; 10-16-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    mjncad, pcabe5, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 10:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
    Funny you mention that...... Just viewed a hard sided Tektite in Grand Falls a few days ago. It was a hard sided..... It was mounted on an Orange unit. "If" your a budget minded person, I would stick with a Curtis unit. The Tektite is a well built, sturdy one. Great looking heater in the cab. Lots of glass, Wing window to the rear of the driver to open and close for ventilation rather than the door glass up and down etc. Not sure If I liked it or not. Rear glass as far as I observed didn't remove for a back hoe application (could be wrong), which means the whole cab must come off for that implement.
    Tektite has a separate model backhoe cab.
    pcabe5, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-05-2019 @ 06:12 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for that.

Even in just pictures, the Tektite does look nicer.

I tend to go for quality especially when it looks are a factor. I want to avoid having regrets and second guesses later.

Darn, this is going to be a tough call. I would prefer to support the local company.

mjncad, Levi and BigJim55 like this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 07:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
    The Tektite is very well built, bolted directly to the frame, and I have not noticed any play anywhere since installation. For summertime operation the doors come off in a minute and the back glass pops out with three screws.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2027.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	252929

For Winter operation it has a great heater and fan inside the cab (yes my tractor needs a bath) which is wired directly into the overhead console.

Name:	IMG_2144.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	252969

The unit is extremely solid bolting directly to the frame. There are also lower panes of glass below the front window giving you a direct view of the front tires which I find very useful.

Name:	IMG_2141.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	253025

View of door opening and close-up of door latch. Note the perimeter frame around the door and the solid construction of the latch.

Name:	IMG_2143.jpg 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	253033

Name:	IMG_2146.jpg 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	253001

And finally the back opening for backhoe operation with the glass removed.

Name:	IMG_2145.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	253041
    mjncad, bob, pcabe5 and 5 others like this.

1025 R FILB * Tektite Heated Cab * 54" Snowblower * Artillian 42" Forks * Artillian Grapple * Artillian Front Hoe * TSC 5' Box Blade * TSC 6' rear scraper blade * 60" MMM * Kens BOH

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Earthling For This Useful Post:

Levi (10-19-2016)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    The Tektite is very well built, bolted directly to the frame, and I have not noticed any play anywhere since installation. For summertime operation the doors come off in a minute and the back glass pops out with three screws.

For Winter operation it has a great heater and fan inside the cab (yes my tractor needs a bath) which is wired directly into the overhead console.

The unit is extremely solid bolting directly to the frame. There are also lower panes of glass below the front window giving you a direct view of the front tires which I find very useful.

View of door opening and close-up of door latch. Note the perimeter frame around the door and the solid construction of the latch.

And finally the back opening for backhoe operation with the glass removed.
    Do the fender mounted lights on the 1025R have to be moved with the Tektite cab? I notice with the Curtis Cab, they move the fender lights to the outside of the cab which puts the lights sort of on the outside of the fender.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 07:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Do the fender mounted lights on the 1025R have to be moved with the Tektite cab? I notice with the Curtis Cab, they move the fender lights to the outside of the cab which puts the lights sort of on the outside of the fender.
    You can keep them on, I still have mine. You can see one of the side lights in the fourth picture (the one with the door open). I point them out the door, through the glass, towards the ground as side lights. I have an LED mounted up high on each side of the cab, this gives me good forward light and the fender mounted lights give me a pool of light to each side. I still have to add some more lighting to the back.
    Last edited by Earthling; 10-16-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Ray_PA like this.

1025 R FILB * Tektite Heated Cab * 54" Snowblower * Artillian 42" Forks * Artillian Grapple * Artillian Front Hoe * TSC 5' Box Blade * TSC 6' rear scraper blade * 60" MMM * Kens BOH

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 08:17 AM
    Thanks
    With the Curtis Cab you leave fender lights on inside , you just disconnect them when you have doors on.
    BigJim55 and Ray_PA like this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast