extending reach of 1025r fel/forks?
Like Tree19Likes
  • 9 Post By JD322
  • 4 Post By 69project
  • 2 Post By W9GFO
  • 3 Post By Tractor Tim
  • 1 Post By JD322

Thread: extending reach of 1025r fel/forks?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Thanks

extending reach of 1025r fel/forks?

Have 1025r tbl & 42" artillian forks. Need to lift rolls of Stormguard (ice & water), 30# felt and stacks of concrete roof tile above eave level. Have sets of baker scaffold (6 ft L x 6 ft H x 29" W) that I can double deck (with outriggers) if needed and use as a "landing/loading" platform with material at 10 ft. Know I can invert forks, but still will not give me enough lift height. Envision building a "cube" with pallet style bottom slots for forks that can be lifted on to scaffold. Concerned about "cube" being top heavy with tile (desire 40-50 @ 10 lb each).

Right now have bh with unloaded tires. Plan buying starter weights and probably 1 set of cast iron wheel weights. Have old set of Craftsman weights that I think can be added to the mix. Enough ballast?

Has anyone done something similar - or have a better idea?
    Last edited by dianedebuda; 10-20-2016 at 11:47 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Here are a couple of other suggestions that may work. I would find some borrow material (dirt) and build a suitable ramp to gain the height required to reach the level you can safely work from. I did this over the summer to put the roof on my garage in the back. In the front, which was higher, we hooked the deck over gooseneck to the pickup, pulled the truck inside the garage and used the trailer as a portable ramp to gain the height needed for the forks to reach the eave.
    RandyM, ColonyPark, Levi and 6 others like this.
    4044R - H180 - KBOGH - Pallet Forks - 84 Front Blade - I- Match - Fit Rite Top Link - Woods PRD 8400 - Landscape Rake

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Thanks
    Rent one of these and be done with it. Most tool rental places should have it in the inventory. The cost is not a lot for a weekends worth of use. I used one to help me lift the beams on the metal shop I built when I lived in Texas. Came in very handy, would not have been able to do it otherwise. You can put a significant amount of weight on it as well. I think trying to use a SCUT to lift to the eave of a house is not worth the risk. It has a limited lift height and is easy to become unstable when the FEL is extended all the way up, ballast or not. At least that has been my experience.

Superlift Contractor® - Genie

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    Have 1025r tbl & 42" artillian forks. Need to lift rolls of Stormguard (ice & water), 30# felt...
    I paid a kid (he's 26) $100 to lift materials to my roof just a couple weeks ago. It was a lot simpler (and safer) than trying to rig up some top heavy contraption.
    Gizmo2 and Marlin like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:48 PM
    Thanks
    Wow, I hate to say it, because I typically say these tractors can do ANYTHING... but, I agree with the other responses. 500lbs @ 10+ feet just isn't practical.

I've tried several red-neck solutions, and none have been suitable for 500lbs that high.

The only possibility to improve stability would be to put your BH outriggers down while doing the lift. However, it just seems like a lot more pain than the other proposed solutions.

Rent a lift, or a teanager...

Tim
    BigJim55, Marlin and afulton25 like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the thoughts. Bodies are tough to find around here these days. Have tried to find a roofer since Feb. Since I already have the tile, haven't gotten anyone to even give me a bid - they want the entire job or nothing. Geez. Took over 4 months to get a carpenter. Did the tile on the 2 story part of the house a few years ago - by choice (interesting techniques + sense of accomplishment - but I wouldn't want to do it for a living). Took a couple of months with hubby & son on the ground using an electric hoist to lift 6 tiles at a time to me on the roof. These days, son's left the nest & hubby's knees are bad which limits his "ground" work. His knees & my bad back were the prompts for the 1025r

Kind of suspected the tile lift would be problematic using the 1025r fel/forks. That's why I was checking if anyone else had been inventive. Too bad.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    A photograph of the access area might help the creative brainstorming process...

Obviously this would be more labor intensive suggestion. Transfer only 10 tiles at a time to pallet to lift.
    Last edited by JD322; 10-21-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    Marlin likes this.
    4044R - H180 - KBOGH - Pallet Forks - 84 Front Blade - I- Match - Fit Rite Top Link - Woods PRD 8400 - Landscape Rake

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements