50 Hour Service on a 1025R - Did I just get ripped off?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 50 Hour Service on a 1025R - Did I just get ripped off?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-27-2018 @ 08:11 AM
    Thanks

50 Hour Service on a 1025R - Did I just get ripped off?

I just received the invoice for the 50 hour service on my new 1025R and I think I just got taken for a ride - If not the actual cost, certainly for the honesty of how their charges work... But what do you guys think? Here is the story:

So my new 1025R leaked coolant out of the reservoir since the cap design was just a "pop" top with no seal (Common issue - see many threads on it). So I called them and they ordered me the replacement parts for the new design under warranty. Service called me a few weeks later when they had the parts, and asked when they could schedule a time to "come out" and fix the unit under warranty. While I was scheduling that, I asked what it would cost to do my 50 hour service at the same time since I was at about 43 hours. She said "it is just a trans fluid and filter change, so it should only be about an hour of labor, a filter and oil." So I said - sure... There was no mention of a service call fee or anything like that...

Now I received the bill - the labor was $125, plus parts was $79.60 (I thought parts were high too, but it is what it is) - More than what she told me but still within reason of what she said. However, in addition to all of this, they hit me with a $55 service call fee on top of all this, so with tax, it comes to $274.40. I called them about the service fee since I was led to believe that they were coming out to perform the warranty work anyways, and that there wouldn't be any other fees.

When I called to inquire, they told me - "there is always a service call fee, even on warranty work." Well, if I had known that, I would have just put it in my trailer and dropped it off by them and saved the $55. It all just seemed terribly misleading.

So, what are your thoughts? Is this the norm you guys are seeing on (A) the cost for the 50 hour service, and (B) the adding of a service call fee, even on warranty work? Or am I just over-reacting?...
    2016 JD 1025R, H120 FEL with 53" QA Bucket, 60D Auto Connect MMM, 54" QH snowblower, 52" QH Rotary Broom, Deere 14BU MCS, Fimco 40g 3PT Sprayer, Titan 42" Pallet Forks, Original Tractor Cab, iMatch, Ballast Box, Omni Hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Thanks
    the parts seem normal, but the other stuff seems off.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 10:10 PM
    Thanks
    My dealer does not do field repairs, and $55 is much less then pickup and drop off. Those gees not beimg included is all over their website and ive seen it many times on mother deeres site. If it wasnt commumicated that is a failure of the dealer but is standard operating proceedure.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Thanks
    Doesn't suprise me. The service fee is kind of excessive. They were comming anyway, you had them do service, did he clean the rear sump screen? That is what i would ask.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drifterbike For This Useful Post:

MFreund1 (11-05-2016)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-07-2018 @ 01:54 PM
    Thanks
    I was quoted $289 here in upstate NY. Needless to say I will be doing this myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Don't know about anybody else but I always ask about fees up front so we're on the same page. Don't just ask about fees, I want to know the bottom dollar cost so I know how much I'll have to pay and what for. Makes them look it up but hey, phone call isn't going to cost me any more so I can wait.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 AM
    Thanks
    cost me $300 and I delivered it my self, but then again I had them grease the front jerk on the hidden shaft, raised the price as they said it was a pain in the
    2025r fel snowblower

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wildbranch2007 For This Useful Post:

jeeter (03-16-2017)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Price sounds reasonable. It also sounds like they were intending to charge you for the service charge fee even if you only got the warranty work done.
    IMHO, quality service means giving the entire story and the entire bottom line without the customer asking.
    Anyone, including them, want to know everything (at least as best as possible) prior to starting the job. This is a reasonable expectation that any customer would expect.

You do what you want, but you should nicely tell your dealer service manager what happened and what you thought was going to happen.

Like anything, if you know the bottom line before the job is started, you know what to expect. When you get an invoice with add-on's after the fact, that is called misinformation.
    RandyM, HydroHarold, Levi and 3 others like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

13. Top | #9
    JKR
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    Hear how I look at it. Pay what dealer wants or do as much as you can by yourself. Most of the service work can be done at home with standard hand tools.
    HydroHarold, Levi and Drifterbike like this.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    cost me $300 and I delivered it my self, but then again I had them grease the front jerk on the hidden shaft, raised the price as they said it was a pain in the
    What zerk on what shaft??
    Gizmo2, Levi and KE8LW like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast