Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Crooked FEL?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 06:07 AM
    Thanks

Crooked FEL?

Okay. I'm not sure if this is anything to be concerned about but figured this would be a good place to pose the question. I've had my new 2016 1025R for a couple weeks now. Ever since the first day I've noticed when I lower the bucket to the ground the left side of the bucket always hits the ground first. Even when just looking straight on towards the tractor you can see the bucket is slightly crooked compared to the tractor itself. I've noticed it on my concrete driveway, and the concrete floors in my pole barn. The tire pressure is equal on both sides of the tractor. So is this normal? If so that's okay, it just kind of bugs my OCD. I'll post some pictures for you guys. Also, nothing seems to be wrong with the tractor or FEL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Deere 1025R, Frontier 48" Box Blade, Frontier 60" Rear Blade, Heavy Hitch & Heavy Hitch Toothbar, 8 JD 42lb Suitcase Weights, Titan 42" forks, Ken's Bolt On Hook combo, Ken's Rear Diff Lock Pedal, Ken's Upgraded Seat Springs, Edge Tamers

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 AM
    Thanks
    The first thing I would do is measure the actual inflated tire diameter of the rear tires,,,
    Gizmo2 and HydroHarold like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    The first thing I would do is measure the actual inflated tire diameter of the rear tires,,,
    From what I can tell both look to be the same. Around 25.5" in diameter. Both are at 20psi.

BigJim55 and steveontheridge2 like this.
    Deere 1025R, Frontier 48" Box Blade, Frontier 60" Rear Blade, Heavy Hitch & Heavy Hitch Toothbar, 8 JD 42lb Suitcase Weights, Titan 42" forks, Ken's Bolt On Hook combo, Ken's Rear Diff Lock Pedal, Ken's Upgraded Seat Springs, Edge Tamers

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    Install your bucket then measure.You can't measure the way you did because each ram moves independant from each other.
    Marlin and BetterThanATonka like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhotondm View Post
    From what I can tell both look to be the same. Around 25.5" in diameter. Both are at 20psi.

Rim edge to ground is more reliable. Or measure circumference. All 4 tires. Rears are the biggest factor, but diagonal mismatches magnify it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rydplrs; 11-09-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    BigJim55, cser05 and Marlin like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    Rim edge to ground is more reliable. Or measure circumference. All 4 tires. Rears are the biggest factor, but diagonal mismatches magnify it.
    Agree! That makes it simple and takes all tire variations out of the equation.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Thanks
    Just compare the loader to the front frame of the tractor and you can see that it is crooked. Rear tires irrelevant.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    07-05-2017 @ 12:02 PM
    Thanks
    i notice the same thing on my 2025r.
    John Deere 2025R
    H130 loader 61" HD bucket
    62 D on ramp mower deck
    6ft rear blade
    Land pride tiller rta1034
    One bottom plow
    Kens weld on hooks
    Bucket tooth bar
    Titan 36" forks

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wcr855 View Post
    Install your bucket then measure.You can't measure the way you did because each ram moves independant from each other.
    When I put the bucket on and then have the bucket about 3 inches off the floor there is a 3/8" difference between the right and left side of the bucket. Which matches up to the pictures I posted. Not even sure if it matters. When I lower the bucket to the floor everything evens out.

What part of the arms and frame would I measure in order to check things out?

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Because of the pivot pin in frt axle frt tires &/or frt tire inflation have no bearing on levelness of frt end loader boom or attachments
    Last edited by Tx Jim; 11-10-2016 at 06:50 AM.
    BigJim55 and dzldanz like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast