Chute Actuator Control

View Poll Results: What should I do with my chute control?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it as is

4 26.67%
  • Reverse it so it works like the SCV

11 73.33%
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By H-D dealer dude
  • 2 Post By Ray_PA
  • 1 Post By Gator Bite

Thread: Chute Actuator Control

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 03:07 PM
    Thanks

Chute Actuator Control

I completed my Electric Chute Height Actuator today, and after trying it out I got to thinking. I set it up so when I push the joystick forward, it raises the chute. Pull it back and it lowers the chute. That seemed sensible, but in retrospect that is opposite of the way the SCV works. For that you pull back to raise the attachment, push forward to lower it.

I can reverse the action pretty easily. What do you think....? Leave it as is or reverse it? Might as well make it a poll....

Last edited by Gator Bite; 11-12-2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: added video

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:48 AM
    Thanks
    Looks right in the video push up and pull down

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Every pass with the snow blower will involve pulling back on the SCV to raise the blower and pushing forward to lower it. You'll be making that action over and over. To me it makes sense to have the same action (pull = lift, push = lower) on the chute control.

I would switch it so it matches the SCV.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Looks perfect to me. Up is up and down is down. After using it a few times it will become second nature.
    keane likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks
    Make it they way you like it. Once you get used to it, it really doesn't matter which way it is.
    I personally like it the way you have it.
    RandyM and ColonyPark like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    Any tractor I've ever used with a snowblower, pull back (down) to raise it, push forward (up) to lower.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Regardless of what direction you install it, it will become a muscle memory movement after the first 6 times and from that point forward, you won't even give it a thought. I do know that when I have crossed the hydraulic hoses hooking up the front lift on my quick hitch, it drove me nuts so I swapped it back to the way it normally was. So, whichever option you like is what I would roll with.

When I plow, I pull the lever to raise the plow and push it forward to lower it. When I hooked it up backwards, it was like learning to walk all over again and was much easier to simply put it back to what I was used to.......

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

dakotagun (01-23-2017)

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok, so I reversed them. Not because of the poll, my mind was made up before asking. To me, it just seems like it's more OE like if I match the SCV.
    ensign likes this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Where did you find that switch?, I like that better than a rocker switch.
    12' 1026R I-Match, Ballast box, 53" auto connect FEL, 60" auto connect MMM deck, 54" snow blower (Member since 9/2011, but deleted my old account after the data breach)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rrbattani View Post
    Where did you find that switch?, I like that better than a rocker switch.
    Believe it or not, I found it on eBay (I usually hate buying from eBay). It's a really nice switch, clearly made for commercial machinery. It has a water tight rubber boot and an o-ring, so it should be very water resistant / water proof (IP67 I think). I also like the aesthetics of it. It fits the Deere very nicely.

It did require me to use 2 relays, but honestly I would have anyway. (I have 30 years of Automotive electrical experience, so I'm a real believer in them). I wrote all about it and shared a link and more pictures here: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-actuator.html

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements