Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Rubbing scratches out of hood, panels, fenders 1025R

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-14-2017 @ 07:48 AM
    Thanks

Rubbing scratches out of hood, panels, fenders 1025R

Well I finally stopped working long enough to clean, tuneup and detail my 1025RFILB which was looking pretty sad. Especially since I'd ran into a tree branch and poked a fist size hole through the radiator grill. I installed a new grill and even wire brushed all rust and spots from loader and backhoe and repainted. The hood, fenders, side panels were looking sad too. Lots of noticeable scrapes and scars. I had found a year ago how simple automobile rubbing compound and elbow grease made them all look brand new again. The latest condition gave me serious doubts about working the same magic but I was wrong. Was able to rub out everything 95%. I can't count the dozens of times having metal fenders and body parts would have resulted in serious cosmetic damage to my machine. I've learned the wisdom in having these parts made of a flexible material. I also have a westendorf poly canopy that's taken the most abuse. My neighbor has a tree drooping over my property line I accidentally ran into more than once. I wish it was made like the hood. I hope this simple trick helps others. I'm just amazed how well these parts rub out after serious abuse.
    -----------------------------------------
    2014 1025R FILB, Bxpanded Toothbar and Thumb, Westendorf Dura-Poly Canopy
    My 1025R Video Playlist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGIASHOOTER For This Useful Post:

keane (11-15-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    02-02-2019 @ 08:17 AM
    Thanks
    My tractor proudly shows signs of work. To each their own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk
    etcallhome, Tomfive, Levi and 3 others like this.
    Al

Swisher T60 trailmower; 2013-05 1025R, H120 FEL, Frontier 48" Box Blade; fixed DBS/FBS; psrumor seat springs; QA plow; suitcase weights; Pihrana tooth bar, Ken's "I'm hooked!" bolt-ons, SpeeCo quick-hitch; Fimco 40gal 3pt sprayer, EMP pallet fork bracket, Artillion 42x3" forks, 3pt boom hoist, 54" quick attach plow

still less tweaks than the motorbike has, but a whole different version of seat time fun at 1/10 the speed.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    I was going to wax my Mustang this summer. Summer is gone and winter not far away and still haven't done it. I prize the Mustang, work the tractor. I guessing you know what gets done first as far as washing and waxing goes.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Said I was going to wax the tractor last year but it never happened. This year I mean it. LOL

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Thanks
    My 1986ish JD 650 looked like it had hardly been washed since purchased,,,
    let alone waxed.

I ended up buying this,,,

https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-...words=polisher

I had some 2,000 grit commercial polishing compound,,,

it helped.

Deep scratches get 600 grit wet sanding,,, first.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    I've always waxed my tractors once a year to keep the painted surfaces somewhat slick with the thought that weeds and briars will slide and not scratch as badly. I've been picked at by family and neighbors for doing it but when I'm done with a tractor the same ones who made some jabs at me then make remarks on how well my tractors look for the age/hours and want me to give them first opportunity to buy it. A yearly wax really does seem to pay me back when I'm ready to sell a tractor.
    RandyM, etcallhome, pcabe5 and 9 others like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    05-14-2017 @ 07:48 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    I've always waxed my tractors once a year to keep the painted surfaces somewhat slick with the thought that weeds and briars will slide and not scratch as badly. I've been picked at by family and neighbors for doing it but when I'm done with a tractor the same ones who made some jabs at me then make remarks on how well my tractors look for the age/hours and want me to give them first opportunity to buy it. A yearly wax really does seem to pay me back when I'm ready to sell a tractor.
    I'm the same way. I learned from working on aircraft you can spot and resolve issues when you keep them pretty clean. Not to mention I might want to resell it and buy a new one. My neighbor's tractor looks like hell but his property doesn't seem to reflect it. I'm the kind of guy you don't mind loaning tools.
    -----------------------------------------
    2014 1025R FILB, Bxpanded Toothbar and Thumb, Westendorf Dura-Poly Canopy
    My 1025R Video Playlist

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    Waxing really helps in keeping the machine clean, it makes washing so much more easy. And also, I rather like working on a clean tractor as well, whether it is a tractor task or maintenance.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    Waxing really helps in keeping the machine clean, it makes washing so much more easy. And also, I rather like working on a clean tractor as well, whether it is a tractor task or maintenance.
    Use the "quickie" wash and wax stuff on the Z Trak about once a month when I do the car and truck.
    One thing I find is that the Z cleans up easier after mowing if you hit it with compressed air, dust and grass less likely to
    stick and build up with a little wax on it, takes about 10 - 15 minutes to clean up the whole works, a drop in the
    bucket time wise.
    A clean machine is a happy machine................
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    Use the "quickie" wash and wax stuff on the Z Trak about once a month when I do the car and truck.
    One thing I find is that the Z cleans up easier after mowing if you hit it with compressed air, dust and grass less likely to
    stick and build up with a little wax on it, takes about 10 - 15 minutes to clean up the whole works, a drop in the
    bucket time wise.
    A clean machine is a happy machine................
    Well said sir
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast