Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: ROPS availability shocker

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-27-2019 @ 07:48 PM
    Thanks

ROPS availability shocker

Well last year I made the wall of shame when I ran the ROPS into the garage. Well I can't say I'm proud of it but I did it again. I got in a hurry to go out and play and didn't put my orange cone of shame in front of the doorway. So between the two hits I've got a fair amount of money to fix my garage. So after my latest fix I called my local dealer for P/N LVA18169 which is the only way to buy a ROPS (Complete assembly) I figured for $448.51 it was cheaper to buy and modify one and have a "legal" one if I decide to sell. I was told it was not available? I said that sounded strange as they still sell 1025R's as fast as ever. So by the third call to my original dealer (45 miles away) the parts person said they were not in stock, but he would check every week and call me when one became available and talk to the JD Rep when he comes in. Interesting that two just stated they were not available and good by and good luck, to I'll do my best for you as a customer. Its 35 miles further from the local dealer and I can see why I went there in the beginning
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, Levi and 3 others like this.
    If Your Not Living on the Edge, Your Taking Up Too Much Space

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Thanks
    Are you able to buy just the top section?? That's what I was gong to do, then shorten it. Nothing's ever easy. Good luck
    Gizmo2, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,957 Posts
    Keep us posted Foggy Bottom.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Thanks
    Yea that part number is a good number and you have to get the whole ROPS. It is currently unavailable but the best your dealer can do i a DTAC case and try to get it ordered that way. If he really wants to help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 12:05 AM
    Thanks
    my guess it the ROPS doesn't fail too often so they don't keep a stock on hand for replacement...
    Levi, BigJim55 and Ray_PA like this.
    JD 1023E
    KK XB Tiller, XB subsoiler

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabic View Post
    my guess it the ROPS doesn't fail too often so they don't keep a stock on hand for replacement...
    And in addition, the ones being made are going on new machines.
    pcabe5, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    I agree!! A ROPS is not a commonly sold part. Also, manufacturers do not sell the components that are going on new tractors and parts for dealer stock or distribution out of the same stock. In fact, many mfgs. us a third party company to handle their parts distribution.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    This situation is exactly what I was trying to convey in the other thread that addressed shortening the ROPS, and why I went in the direction of attempting to fab up a new top section. Cutting/shortening the OEM ROPS top section was out of the picture for me once I found that my dealer wouldn't trade my machine back in, should I ever decide to do that, with a modified ROPS.
    Gizmo2, jgayman, Levi and 2 others like this.
    Jim

1025R...H120 loader w/53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar and Ken's BOH, psrumors seat springs, Frontier AP12F w/42" forks, 60D mower w/autoconnect, Frontier 647 tiller, Frontier SB1164 w/hyd. chute rotation and deflector linear actuator, Frontier ballast box, 72" County Line landscape rake, Fimco 40 gal 3 pt hitch sprayer, Paumco fork spade.

Toro Z Master, 60" deck and DFS collection system

orange dirt bikes, Yamaha Stratoliner and '68 Dart GTS...

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Bottom View Post
    Well last year I made the wall of shame when I ran the ROPS into the garage. Well I can't say I'm proud of it but I did it again. I got in a hurry to go out and play and didn't put my orange cone of shame in front of the doorway. So between the two hits I've got a fair amount of money to fix my garage. So after my latest fix I called my local dealer for P/N LVA18169 which is the only way to buy a ROPS (Complete assembly) I figured for $448.51 it was cheaper to buy and modify one and have a "legal" one if I decide to sell. I was told it was not available? I said that sounded strange as they still sell 1025R's as fast as ever. So by the third call to my original dealer (45 miles away) the parts person said they were not in stock, but he would check every week and call me when one became available and talk to the JD Rep when he comes in. Interesting that two just stated they were not available and good by and good luck, to I'll do my best for you as a customer. Its 35 miles further from the local dealer and I can see why I went there in the beginning
    Why not have a small one made, just squared up. Might even be cheaper.
    Gizmo2, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:39 AM
    Thanks
    Still waiting on delivery of my 1025R, but am thinking of trying to incorporate one of these proximity switches into the ROPS when i get my tractor.

MB1424 USB-ProxSonar-EZ2 Ultrasonic USB Proximity Sensor

maybe I can rig up an alarm that will sound when I get within 3 feet of the garage door header with the ROPS......This seems to be an all to often occurance and i'm only imagining it won't be long before I do the same thing.......

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast