Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Front weights with the loader on

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-22-2018 @ 09:10 PM
    Thanks

Front weights with the loader on

My snow configuration on my 1025R is to have the loader on the front with a 54“ blower on the rear. I have a gravel driveway so I keep the blower set pretty high and use the loader to scrape down to grade, or for the smaller snowfalls.

The issue I run into the that when pushing up the hill with the loader when I have snow blower lifted, if the edge digs in at all, the loader will fold up and the front wheels will come off the ground. This makes steering difficult. If I put the blower down, then I've lost a lot of weight on the wheels and traction becomes and issue (I do have chains on the rear).

I saw a pic on here of someone putting a few suitcase weights directly on the front part of the tractor frame. Not on a weight rack, but where the rack would mount. The loader cleared the weights in this configuration. This seemed like it might be a good solution to help keep the front wheels down.

So yesterday I mowed for the last time and today I switched everything over for snow. (70 degrees a few days ago, not sure it broke 40 today.) I put some weights on the front and they do clear the loader cross member, but they rest on the parking stand, especially it I fill it up with 5. 4 doesn't seem too bad. There also doesn't seem to be too much clearance behind the weights and the plastic below the grill.

So my question are:
    - Should I be worried about the weights riding on the parking stand or hurting the plastic?
    - If I shelled out the > $200 for the weight rack, will the loader still clear?
    Last edited by mjarmstr; 11-20-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and keane like this.
    - Mike

2014 1025R

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 2" trailer receiver on the front of my 1025R that I purchased from Heavy Hitch. They also sell a weight rack that goes into it and accommodates 8 weights. I know the receiver is compatible with the FEL installed, but I never had a reason to try and see if the weight rack would interfere with the FEL. But I'll bet Heavy Hitch knows. You might want to give them a call. Their solution could spare the paint on your parking stand and weights.
    pcabe5, BigJim55, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keane View Post
    I have a 2" trailer receiver on the front of my 1025R that I purchased from Heavy Hitch. They also sell a weight rack that goes into it and accommodates 8 weights. I know the receiver is compatible with the FEL installed, but I never had a reason to try and see if the weight rack would interfere with the FEL. But I'll bet Heavy Hitch knows. You might want to give them a call. Their solution could spare the paint on your parking stand and weights.
    I have the same 2" receiver and the companion weight rack that fits into it. I can confirm that there is not near enough room for both the weight rack and the FEL.

I am also in need of more front end weight for plowing and continue to seek a solution. The weight must be applied to the tractor frame and not the loader arms or the plow.
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and keane like this.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishbait For This Useful Post:

keane (11-21-2016), mjarmstr (11-22-2016)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-27-2018 @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    I do t think it's recommended to add weight to he front while loader is on. If the front is lifting it digging in to hard. Adding. Weight=added stress on loader & brackets. While these are amazing machines... We need to respect their limitations.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Green Man likes this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moontree View Post
    I do t think it's recommended to add weight to he front while loader is on. If the front is lifting it digging in to hard. Adding. Weight=added stress on loader & brackets. While these are amazing machines... We need to respect their limitations.

I'm not lifting anything but a small amount of snow at the end of a push. I'm talking about pushing/scraping. The front wheels actually come off the ground.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    - Mike

2014 1025R

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-27-2018 @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    Do you have it in the float position? I normally pull it out of float& lift slightly before I get to the pile.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Thanks
    To the first question I say no I will not hurt. The stand is not moving while loader is in operation. Can't answer the second.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    1025r FILB, 47" Snowblower, Front Blade, Quick Hitch

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    You can check out this link for a front weight bracket idea.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...t-bracket.html
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1023E, H120 FEL, 60" Auto-Connect Deck, 42" Artillian Forks, 54" Front Blade and Quick Hitch w/ Artillian Plow Adapter, JD Ballast Box, 3PT Sprayer, iMatch, KK 48" tiller

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    It is normal for the loader to pick the front wheels off the ground. No amount of additional front ballast will stop this. Especially if you don't put the loader in float when you drop the bucket/plow. I believe they call it down pressure.

Unfortunately the 1 series is missing what you need to take full advantage of the available down pressure.
    Rear independent brakes. Just like the big boys have with dual brake pedals. Left pedal stops the left wheel and the right pedal stops the right wheel. Want to turn left then press the left pedal. That's how you would normally control/steer the front end/wheels.

I did about 18 hours of snow removal with the loader of a Kabota B21. Even with rear independent brakes it still was impossible to steer with the front wheels off of the ground. They stupidly put the brake pedals on the same side (right) as the trundle pedal. No way to operate them both at the same time. Not unless you have 2 right feet lol

I love everything about a 1 series except the single brake pedal.
    Last edited by H-D dealer dude; 11-22-2016 at 08:30 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moontree View Post
    Do you have it in the float position? I normally pull it out of float& lift slightly before I get to the pile.

Yeah, I either have it in float or with some slight down pressure. I'm trying to get down to the gravel. Anything I don't scrape off will turn to ice and be here until May.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 likes this.
    - Mike

2014 1025R

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast