• 1 Post By dieselshadow
  • 3 Post By gottabeajd

Thread: 1025r Hydraulic Fluid

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-27-2016 @ 08:41 PM
    Thanks

1025r Hydraulic Fluid

Im noticing a whine from my hydraulics when turning the steering wheel and pretty much every movement of the tractor. Its got 175 hrs on it, i changed the hyd fluid at about 100 hrs. The machine is stored indoors

I frequently remove the loader, hoe and or deck to do various tasks. When i do this i noticed the fluid is slightly milky looking. Im wondering if this is casuing any damage to the machine?

I do all of my own maintenance, taking the machine to the dealer is not an option as far as im concerned, they want $180 each way to trailer it and they will keep it for weeks for any and all reasons and wont fill me in as to its status without multiple phone calls to check on it.

Should i be concerned about the fluid?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:16 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepskatman View Post
    Im noticing a whine from my hydraulics when turning the steering wheel and pretty much every movement of the tractor. Its got 175 hrs on it, i changed the hyd fluid at about 100 hrs. The machine is stored indoors

I frequently remove the loader, hoe and or deck to do various tasks. When i do this i noticed the fluid is slightly milky looking. Im wondering if this is casuing any damage to the machine?

I do all of my own maintenance, taking the machine to the dealer is not an option as far as im concerned, they want $180 each way to trailer it and they will keep it for weeks for any and all reasons and wont fill me in as to its status without multiple phone calls to check on it.

Should i be concerned about the fluid?

Thanks!
    Can you take some pictures of the fluid? Just take some out in a clean cup or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jgayman and ky_shawn like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    There may be a small amount of air making its way in on the suction side of the pump. This would create some cavitation noise and after mixing air and oil in the pump would introduce millions of tiny air bubbles in the fluid giving it a white look. Could be water in the fluid somehow as well. When I bought my supplies for the hydro change I also purchased a new o-ring for the face of the cap that holds the suction screen in the housing. I would examine the o-ring I described and the hose and clamps that attach to it. If you draw a sample of your fluid let it sit and see if it either clears up with time or if water separates.
    RandyM, Levi and JDSwan87 like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    You can always do the crackle test for water in your fluid.

Kennyd likes this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

Jeff B (11-25-2016)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 07:42 PM
    Thanks
    Did you change the suction filter when you changed the oil? My tractor was steering hard and the loader cycle times were in the 30-40 second range with only 14 hrs on it. I took the cap off of the trans tube and it looked like mayonnaise. Called the dealer and they came and picked it up. Brought it back later that day and it steered great and the loader cycled in 10-15 seconds. He told me the suction tube in the bottom of the trans was scummed over and starving the pump.
    Levi, SulleyBear and Drifterbike like this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements