• 3 Post By ChrisR
  • 1 Post By absrio

Thread: 2305 Original Cab wiper

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Thanks

2305 Original Cab wiper

I have used an original cab with a rear mounted snowblower for the past seven years. I just picked up a front mounted 47 inch snowblower to try out this year. What are the opinions about upgrading to a front windshield wiper? Also how is the install and wiring?
    pcabe5 likes this.
    John Deere 2305
    200CX, 53" bucket, 62D mm, 47" front snow blower, Orginal Cab, 60" KK tiller, 48" KK mower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by absrio View Post
    I have used an original cab with a rear mounted snowblower for the past seven years. I just picked up a front mounted 47 inch snowblower to try out this year. What are the opinions about upgrading to a front windshield wiper? Also how is the install and wiring?
    My opinion based on experience is that a front wiper is a must for snow blowing. A heated defroster helps a great deal if you can manage to install one.

The install is easy and straight forward. Just drill the proper size hole in canopy edge. Wiring is simple as well. I grounded the wiper to the cab frame and ran a hot from an empty spot on the fuse box to the wiper switch which I mounted near the wiper. Piece of cake!

Tips: You must have the optional hard windshield for the wiper to work. Shop around for a wiper kit. I have seen them for much less than OTC charges. You could possibly get by with a manual wiper for a lot less if you can tolerate working the wiper by hand.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    Tips: You must have the optional hard windshield for the wiper to work. Shop around for a wiper kit. I have seen them for much less than OTC charges. You could possibly get by with a manual wiper for a lot less if you can tolerate working the wiper by hand.
    Or have the wife set beside you operating the manual wiper blade for you. You do know that it was a woman that invented the windshield wiper? Back in the day this was how they worked, with the wiper handle on the passenger side. Sorry! I couldn't resist and get off thread.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    You will need a wiper with a front snow blower. Do you have a glass windshield? That is required for a wiper.
    On the tractors I used a an Original Cab on, I had a 12 volt cigarette lighter style outlet in the dash. I put a plug on the wiper wires & plugged it into the outlet.
    etcallhome, pcabe5 and BigJim55 like this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    IMO electric wiper is a must if using front snowblower. I've had to stop for a few minutes even with electric wiper just to get the windshield cleaned .
    Electric wiper is a easy install drill correct size hole thinking a smaller hole to attach wiper motor to roof. Connect to power source ,cigarette lighter plug, direct to battery or other type connection.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Thanks
    I followed the advice of shopping around and found a wiper kit from TMC-IN. Cost was $80 shipped, I just have to add a switch and wiring. Hopefully everything works out, and I may have enough money left over to add a linear actuated for the chute.
    RandyM likes this.
    John Deere 2305
    200CX, 53" bucket, 62D mm, 47" front snow blower, Orginal Cab, 60" KK tiller, 48" KK mower

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements