Green Tractor Talk banner

What a Way to break in the 1025R tractor on a first snow fall 11 inches total

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  John Deere 1025R TLB 
#1 ·
I live in Sterling Heights Michigan ( Detroit suburbs ) and we received 11 inches of snow total this weekend. Bought my 1025R this summer so this is the first snow I have had any chance of playing with.

I plowed the drive way at 11:00am on Sunday and used the front blade on the tractor, Plus I also have a rear back blade ( LOVE it and its Hydraulic angle )
What I did notice is the front blade is slow to lower. NOT much weight up there to help drop the blade. Otherwise it did a good job. With the hydraulic lifter and I can put down force and push the blade down it is just slow to lower.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Outdoor power equipment

At the 7:00pm snow removal and at the 5:30am Monday Morning snow removal I had the blower on the front and the rear back blade. OMG I love this set up. I can scrap the tight areas for instance move snow away from the front porch and fence and then I can blow it with the blower. That blower worked GREAT and moved this heavy wet snow. I have a great set up on the tractor.

Snow Snow blower Snow removal Snowplow Vehicle

:greentractorride::bigthumb:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I live in Sterling Heights Michigan ( Detroit suburbs ) and we received 11 inches of snow total this weekend. Bought my 1025R this summer so this is the first snow I have had any chance of playing with.

I plowed the drive way at 11:00am on Sunday and used the front blade on the tractor, Plus I also have a rear back blade ( LOVE it and its Hydraulic angle )
What I did notice is the front blade is slow to lower. NOT much weight up there to help drop the blade. Otherwise it did a good job. With the hydraulic lifter and I can put down force and push the blade down it is just slow to lower.

View attachment 279609

At the 7:00pm snow removal and at the 5:30am Monday Morning snow removal I had the blower on the front and the rear back blade. OMG I love this set up. I can scrap the tight areas for instance move snow away from the front porch and fence and then I can blow it with the blower. That blower worked GREAT and moved this heavy wet snow. I have a great set up on the tractor.

View attachment 279601

:greentractorride::bigthumb:
Nice setup, my first year with blower I used the rear blade also. Then I learned I could do just as much only using the snowblower, so I haven't used rear blade in guessing 5 yrs. OH and after a few mins of use , the front blade will lower faster after the hyd fluid warms.

IMO backing into the garage is better for starting snow removal the next time. :dunno:

:munch:

#4 ·
Snow Blade

Normal the blade is facing out the garage the reason it was this direction was because I was switching it out for the snow throwers. Total agree backing in is the only way to go.

#3 ·
You mention lowering the front blade is slow. Any chance you pushed the SCV full forward and it stuck there? If so then you engaged float mode. If you just push the SCV forward the blade will lower just as fast as it raises as the lift cylinder is pushing it down. In float mode the weight of the blade pushes it down which can be slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Snow Blade

I know about the float mode and non float mode and did both to see if either one was faster than the other. I didn't see any difference. Also the tractor was fully warmed up and that also didn't seem to affect it for me.

#7 ·
WOW 11" I'm jealous. For my first time with the new tractor and blower we only had about 5". Seemed way too easy compared to my walk behind.

One question, for the chute rotation. Lever to the left turns the chute which way? I'd expect left but fresh from the dealer mine turned right instead. Kept throwing the snow the wrong way. Last night I switched the hoses and now it makes sense at least to me. Which way is yours?

#12 ·
Switch the hydraulic hoses for the chute controls.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Toughsox
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.