What a Way to break in the 1025R tractor on a first snow fall 11 inches total
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: What a Way to break in the 1025R tractor on a first snow fall 11 inches total

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 01:16 PM
    Thanks

What a Way to break in the 1025R tractor on a first snow fall 11 inches total

I live in Sterling Heights Michigan ( Detroit suburbs ) and we received 11 inches of snow total this weekend. Bought my 1025R this summer so this is the first snow I have had any chance of playing with.

I plowed the drive way at 11:00am on Sunday and used the front blade on the tractor, Plus I also have a rear back blade ( LOVE it and its Hydraulic angle )
    What I did notice is the front blade is slow to lower. NOT much weight up there to help drop the blade. Otherwise it did a good job. With the hydraulic lifter and I can put down force and push the blade down it is just slow to lower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0710.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	279609

At the 7:00pm snow removal and at the 5:30am Monday Morning snow removal I had the blower on the front and the rear back blade. OMG I love this set up. I can scrap the tight areas for instance move snow away from the front porch and fence and then I can blow it with the blower. That blower worked GREAT and moved this heavy wet snow. I have a great set up on the tractor.

Name:	IMG_0715.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	279601

John Deere 2016 1025 R with R3 Turf Tires, LED Work Lights, Rear 3rd selective vavle
    60 D mower With Mulch Kit with Independent lift
    H120 Loader with AF 12 Forks
    Rear Ballast Box, Front weights 5 at 42 LBS each
    Quick I-Match with 3pt tractor receiver.
    Land Pride RB 1660 with Hydraulic angle
    Tractor Supply RT4 Tractor Line Rototiller Tarter Equipment.
    54" Quick connect Front Blade, Snow Thrower.

Replaced 128 and 149 1970's Cub Cadets.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AVESPERM For This Useful Post:

stg454 (12-12-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AVESPERM View Post
    I live in Sterling Heights Michigan ( Detroit suburbs ) and we received 11 inches of snow total this weekend. Bought my 1025R this summer so this is the first snow I have had any chance of playing with.

I plowed the drive way at 11:00am on Sunday and used the front blade on the tractor, Plus I also have a rear back blade ( LOVE it and its Hydraulic angle )
    What I did notice is the front blade is slow to lower. NOT much weight up there to help drop the blade. Otherwise it did a good job. With the hydraulic lifter and I can put down force and push the blade down it is just slow to lower.

Name:	IMG_0710.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	279609

At the 7:00pm snow removal and at the 5:30am Monday Morning snow removal I had the blower on the front and the rear back blade. OMG I love this set up. I can scrap the tight areas for instance move snow away from the front porch and fence and then I can blow it with the blower. That blower worked GREAT and moved this heavy wet snow. I have a great set up on the tractor.

Name:	IMG_0715.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	279601

Nice setup, my first year with blower I used the rear blade also. Then I learned I could do just as much only using the snowblower, so I haven't used rear blade in guessing 5 yrs. OH and after a few mins of use , the front blade will lower faster after the hyd fluid warms.

IMO backing into the garage is better for starting snow removal the next time.

Last edited by etcallhome; 12-12-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Levi, BigJim55, Ray_PA and 2 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Thanks
    You mention lowering the front blade is slow. Any chance you pushed the SCV full forward and it stuck there? If so then you engaged float mode. If you just push the SCV forward the blade will lower just as fast as it raises as the lift cylinder is pushing it down. In float mode the weight of the blade pushes it down which can be slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks

Snow Blade

Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Nice setup, my first year with blower I used the rear blade also. Then I learned I could do just as much only using the snowblower, so I haven't used rear blade in guessing 5 yrs. OH and after a few mins of use , the front blade will lower faster after the hyd fluid warms.

IMO backing into the garage is better for starting snow removal the next time.

Normal the blade is facing out the garage the reason it was this direction was because I was switching it out for the snow throwers. Total agree backing in is the only way to go.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    John Deere 2016 1025 R with R3 Turf Tires, LED Work Lights, Rear 3rd selective vavle

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

Snow Blade

Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    You mention lowering the front blade is slow. Any chance you pushed the SCV full forward and it stuck there? If so then you engaged float mode. If you just push the SCV forward the blade will lower just as fast as it raises as the lift cylinder is pushing it down. In float mode the weight of the blade pushes it down which can be slower.

I know about the float mode and non float mode and did both to see if either one was faster than the other. I didn't see any difference. Also the tractor was fully warmed up and that also didn't seem to affect it for me.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AVESPERM View Post
    I know about the float mode and non float mode and did both to see if either one was faster than the other. I didn't see any difference. Also the tractor was fully warmed up and that also didn't seem to affect it for me.
    Then one of the hydraulic lines may not be connected fully. I've had it happen with the loader before. May want to disconnect the hoses and reconnect them.

1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Thanks
    WOW 11" I'm jealous. For my first time with the new tractor and blower we only had about 5". Seemed way too easy compared to my walk behind.

One question, for the chute rotation. Lever to the left turns the chute which way? I'd expect left but fresh from the dealer mine turned right instead. Kept throwing the snow the wrong way. Last night I switched the hoses and now it makes sense at least to me. Which way is yours?

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanB View Post
    WOW 11" I'm jealous. For my first time with the new tractor and blower we only had about 5". Seemed way too easy compared to my walk behind.

One question, for the chute rotation. Lever to the left turns the chute which way? I'd expect left but fresh from the dealer mine turned right instead. Kept throwing the snow the wrong way. Last night I switched the hoses and now it makes sense at least to me. Which way is yours?
    Left for left, right for right. I had to switch mine too.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Chute rotation

Quote Originally Posted by DeanB View Post

I played around with mine a lot because I didn't know that it had a FAST DUMP on the lever. so when I went right I went full right on the lever and the chute would start to go to the right and then go left. Soon learned that you have to go half way to the right again becuase of the fast dump for the bucket.

otherwise I have mine when I go left the chute goes to the left and when going right with the lever ( not full right ) the chute goes to the right.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Left for left, right for right. I had to switch mine too.
    Yes when i set mine up for the first time the angleing hoses also worked backward, when we changed them my son said "we will have to remember this next year." I piped in just change the colored covers on them now. I noticed on Tim's last video he also mentioned this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast