• 1 Post By Upstater
  • 1 Post By pcabe5

Thread: Don't call me a genius, yet lol

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    01-17-2017 @ 09:44 PM
    Thanks

Don't call me a genius, yet lol

Ok so awhile back I posted a question about the bucket and if it had an auto up type feature. Well I think it does. Moving some snow tonight I wanted some answers to what I experienced last time.

When in float mode, and you're bringing the bucket up to dump, only hold up for 2 seconds then slide right to dump. Keep holding until the dump position is in full down, and then the whole bucket assembly moves into the air to keep it up high enough that whatever you were carrying can fall to the ground.

If that's confusing I'm sorry but it's hard to explain! I'm going to try to get a video of it up on YouTube but I'm not tech savvy at all. If you need clarification please ask!
    Last edited by Upstater; 12-12-2016 at 07:34 PM.
    2016 1025r-H120-60"mmm-ballast box-imatch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Thanks
    I think what you are referring to is a mix of dump/lift. If you get it just right, you can do both at the same time. But it is difficult to make it happen. What you are doing is splitting the hydraulic flow between the dump or curl and lift functions. Only occasionally can I get mine to do that and I find that I lose too much control anyway, so I rarely even try it. Another way you can test the split function is to have something heavy on the 3pt and try to raise the FEL at the same time you are trying to raise the 3pt. That will best demonstrate that you are really just splitting the hydraulic function as you will see how one affects the other, especially if you are at idle.

Dave
    RandyM, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    It's not doing both at the same time. When you curl all the way down and it stops, then the whole unit raises. Like each is a separate task but they flow seamlessly. As soon as it's all the way curled down, it raises the whole bucket.
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Upstater View Post
    It's not doing both at the same time. When you curl all the way down and it stops, then the whole unit raises. Like each is a separate task but they flow seamlessly. As soon as it's all the way curled down, it raises the whole bucket.
    Unless we are misunderstanding your description, it sounds like something is wrong. Curling the bucket from angled up to dump, regardless of regen should not in any way cause a change to the height of the lift arms. That type of action could in fact be dangerous in certain situations. You can move the bucket up and down all you want and the height should stay exactly the same. They are two completely different hydraulics circuits with independent control valves.

A video would certainly help to understand what you are seeing.
    Last edited by jgayman; 12-12-2016 at 09:14 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I think what ddinham was describing is what you are seeing. When you're curling or dumping you have the lever off center activating the boom circuit. If you think about it, you would not want a loader having an auto up feature due to safety concerns.
    RandyM, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pcabe5 For This Useful Post:

OldmanX (12-12-2016)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Upstater View Post
    Sounds like you have the lever in a position to both dump the bucket and raise the boom at the same time. What you describe is normal and not any type of "auto" function. What is happening is that the hydraulic flow is choosing the path of least resistance. When the bucket reaches the end of the stroke and can go no further then the hydraulic flow chooses the other path. The same thing will happen whenever you try to do two functions at once. Only one will operate, when it can't go any further the other function will run - then when it can't go any further the relief valve will be forced open and you'll hear squealing.

If you are very careful with positioning the lever (feathering) you can make it do both functions at the same time.
    Kennyd, RandyM, Gizmo2 and 5 others like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks! Good info.
    BigJim55 likes this.

11. Top | #8
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks