Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Another question about RIO

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks

Another question about RIO

First I will ask my question then an observation. I read through the entire 17 page thread about the work arounds for the RIO switch. I have a brand new 2016 1025R and want to make this change. Problem is I can't seem to get to the switch without taking half the dash apart and I'm not inclined to go to that much disassembly to place a jumper. Is there any other way to accomplish this without taking half my new tractor apart? I know about the clothes pin and the under seat switch but I don't like those options.... Anybody got a suggestion?

Now for my observation... I just spent the last couple of weeks reading all 647 pages of "what did you do with your SCUT Deere today" thread. I mostly skimmed through but I have learned a tremendous amount about how you all use your tractors and got several great ideas, thank you. I also learned that many of you have incredible properties with great views and amenities. I am greatful that there is this great resource for help and information. Looking forward to participating in this great online community.

Steve
    chex313, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    On older models you could jumper the sensor on the pedal linkage so it always thought it was in forward.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    Yea it's pretty easy. Take panel off that's right under seat. Need a 3mm I believe to take knob of and a 10mm and #3 Phillips to take kick panel off. Look for the switch in picture and take 2 zip ties and run it around sensor like pictured and tighten till it is fully depressed. This should work and it's easy to reverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    etcallhome, chex313, Levi and 3 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    This will disable the rio switch so you can mow in reverse.

Levi and BigJim55 like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar524ak View Post
    This will disable the rio switch so you can mow in reverse.

"For trouble shooting purposes only"

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Levi, BigJim55 and OldmanX like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 05:22 AM
    Thanks
    Hi All
    Another question my old 102 had a RIO My 1025r Had a RIO but my wife's Z235 does not have one RIO fitted. Does any one know why the different philosophy between the tractor style mowers and the Zero turn mowers?
    Regards John.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    Yea it's pretty easy. Take panel off that's right under seat. Need a 3mm I believe to take knob of and a 10mm and #3 Phillips to take kick panel off. Look for the switch in picture and take 2 zip ties and run it around sensor like pictured and tighten till it is fully depressed. This should work and it's easy to reverse

I did this and it's very easy to do. The only problem I ran into was putting it back together make sure the diff lock rod is showing and not behind the cover. Other than that it's a 10 minute fix
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Here is how I bypassed the need for the RIO on my tractor. Quick, clean, easily reversible and no need to remove panels. This bypass also bypasses the seat switch safety. The only negative is the digital PTO speed indication in the dash will read out the PTO RPM as rear all the time. Not a problem for me since I always looks at the PTO RPM mark on the tachometer.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tml#post358529
    Levi likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,609 Posts

Mine is done the same way. going on 3 yrs no problems. Simple , easy fix.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Mar524ak like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Here is how I bypassed the need for the RIO on my tractor. Quick, clean, easily reversible and no need to remove panels. This bypass also bypasses the seat switch safety. The only negative is the digital PTO speed indication in the dash will read out the PTO RPM as rear all the time. Not a problem for me since I always looks at the PTO RPM mark on the tachometer.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tml#post358529
    Thanks Ray, I ordered the part already from Amazon and will do the mod as soon as it gets here.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Panhead For This Useful Post:

Ray_PA (12-16-2016)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast