Like Tree350Likes

Thread: Second Time

1. Top | #1
    Jep

Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks

Second Time

Well finally got to use the blower twice in one week. Second year ownership. Worked like a charm. After ,I sat down to lunch and I was proud that my choice worked so well. Until my wonderful wife pointed out, the cost of the blower, plus the quick hitch, plus the spout actuator divided by 2 = the cost per use. Ah, this new math! I asked her what a clean drive is worth? Then told her it would pay for it self in the long run. She mumbled something about, yes, if I live for the next 400 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0876.jpg  
    1025R TLB 54D MM, Imatch Quick hitch, BB, Ken's bolt on hooks, Piranha Tooth Bar, 36" Artillian forks, Cyclone rake XL, 54" Snowblower, 54"used blade, Edge Tamer and Extender, Heavy Hitch Subsoiler. Trailers: Sure-Trac 5x8 dump and a 7x16 steel side., 647 tiller, 5048 Box blade, heavy hitch tooth bar, 260B hoe, mulch kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jep View Post
    Well finally got to use the blower twice in one week. Second year ownership. Worked like a charm. After ,I sat down to lunch and I was proud that my choice worked so well. Until my wonderful wife pointed out, the cost of the blower, plus the quick hitch, plus the spout actuator divided by 2 = the cost per use. Ah, this new math! I asked her what a clean drive is worth? Then told her it would pay for it self in the long run. She mumbled something about, yes, if I live for the next 400 years.
    lol
    I always quote my favorite Al Bundy line in that situation...
    "Women. Can't live with them.........the end."
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:33 PM
    Thanks
    Your wife may have a point. From what I can see in your picture, you probably could have saved a pile (money) with a front snow blade. And you would not have blinding snow blowing in you face either. But this comes from a guy that had a 350 foot driveway that was 12 feet wide. I think pushing & plowing your way through two feet of fresh powder is so much more fun than blowing it. I used my 855 tractor for the job. I don't see much snow anymore. We moved from NY to SC three years ago. A single inch of powder down here is considered a catastrophic event!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts

Hold your ground Jep, we're behind ya. ..........
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 668 Posts
    But tell her thanks for taking the picture and that we all here on GTT like pictures.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Jep,
    Just think, every time you use it, the cost per usage goes down.

Kind of like women's shoes. That's if they only have one pair.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:18 PM
    Thanks
    Put a shovel in her hand and she if she thinks the price was worth it.
    mjncad, Kennyd, RandyM and 22 others like this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue87fj60 View Post
    lol
    I always quote my favorite Al Bundy line in that situation...
    "Women. Can't live with them.........the end."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post

Hold your ground Jep, we're behind ya. ..........
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmo View Post
    But tell her thanks for taking the picture and that we all here on GTT like pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyweight View Post
    Jep,
    Just think, every time you use it, the cost per usage goes down.

Kind of like women's shoes. That's if they only have one pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR345 View Post
    Put a shovel in her hand and she if she thinks the price was worth it.
    You guys are tough...but honest. That's why I like all of you.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks

Newer Math

When cornered into one of these "cost of ownership" discussions, I always remind my adversary (spouse) that the annual cost is only what the equipment depreciates each year. Then I use my first tractor as an example: Bought it for $1800, sold it for $900 after 29 years of use. Cost is $28 per year. If we're being picky, you have to include fuel, oil, filters, and any repairs in the costs. Tractors hold their value. Depreciation the first couple of years on a new one is a little steeper, but the later years are better. [Hint: Don't use your new tractor as the example.]

Another perspective: Some of my retirement savings is in my IRA's, some in my house, and some in my tractor. All will be liquidated at some point to address my changing needs in old age. The tractor's ROI might not be as high as the others in the long run, but some years it has actually outperformed the others. And the tractor is much more fun than the house or an IRA.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    That's because they are not the ones out in the cold working a shovel.

Buy a hard cab with a heater and really give her something to complain about. Hay you might be able too get a soft cab out of it. LOL
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 7 others like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast