Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Pb and backhoe

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-11-2017 @ 06:57 AM
    Thanks

Pb and backhoe

Does it mater which conector you hook the return line to on the back of the tractor? Would it mater which way the flow is on the backhoe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Male line to female connector and female line to male connector.

Can only hook up one way.
    Levi likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I ran 2 new lines to the pb i am not. Shure if i have them hooked to the proper fitting one is for hyd in and one is hyd out will it matter which one go's where?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    If you run the oil backwards through the valve, the BH will kinda try to work.
    certain valve positions will seem to lockup.

Also, the valves beyond the PB will not function. there is no oil going to them.

ONLY one way is correct to connect a PB valve, the same for a non PB open center valve.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Not shure if i am explaining it right i will try and post a photo of a diagram
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2890.JPG  

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    The first photo shows the way i set it up but i am not sure if it is right or not for the backhoe i am thinking of installing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2891.JPG  

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricklaplantesr View Post
    The first photo shows the way i set it up but i am not sure if it is right or not for the backhoe i am thinking of installing
    Have you run it yet? If you have and not functioning correctly reverse the lines. If it works right you are good to go.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Does it mater which conector you hook the return line to on the back of the tractor? Would it mater which way the flow is on the backhoe?
    Yes, it does matter.
    The bracket that holds the couplers (on the tractor side) has sticker showing the IN and OUT, but I couldn't find a picture showing that.

I believe the top line #1 will be the OUT (flow from the pump) and #13 will be the IN (back to the rockshaft). Hopefully someone can verify.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001352112____________A1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	282994
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post

I believe the top line #1 will be the OUT (flow from the pump) and #13 will be the IN (back to the rockshaft). Hopefully someone can verify.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001352112____________A1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	282994
    Kenny is correct. Top port is pressure, bottom is return.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ray_PA likes this.
    2013 1025R FILB w/ 60D MMM
    1973 140
    1974 140

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jphavener For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (12-18-2016)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    Actually, neither of your drawings are technically correct. The top port of the tractor rear PB is pressure that comes from the SVC PB port. The bottom port of the rear PB feeds pressure and flow to the rockshaft control valve.

The rear PB return is only a true return if you are not lifting with the 3-point rockshaft. If you are lifting the 3-point, there is actually pressure builds in this line because it is the feed line for the rockshaft lift.
    The reason JD can do this is, the rear PB is designed to work with the BH. When the BH is attached, the 3-point is removed so there is no way to lift the rockshaft under pressure with the BH attached.

So, what does this mean. You can use the top PB port of the rear PB to feed a 3rd SCV and use the bottom rear PB port for the 3rd SCV return as long as you are not lifting anything with the rockshaft. If you lift with the 3 point, the system will build pressure on the return of the 3rd SCV which can cause unintentional movement of cylinders that are connected to the 3rd SCV.

Because if this, the 3rd SCV should be set up with a PB beyond port and an isolated return. Most valves are designed to be set up with PB. You would want to run the 3rd SCV PB line to the bottom port of the tractor rear PB. The return from the 3rd SCV would have to be connected with a separate line to a new user installed tee in the return line from the main SCV.

I attached a mocked up hydraulic schematic which shows the tractor hydraulics with an added 3rd SCV and a picture of where the return tee would need to be installed. It may be possible to change the hydraulic adapter at the transmission where this return line connects to a tee (see picture). If it is possible to change this adapter to a tee, this would eliminate the need to cut the OEM return line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 ORB tee.JPG   Trans Hyd lines_RS_3rd tee.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kennyd, bob and Levi like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast