Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Wanting to add a Roof canopy to JD 2305

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:00 AM
    Thanks

Wanting to add a Roof canopy to JD 2305

I am wanting to add a roof canopy to my JD 2305 tractor.
    My research did show some roof canopy's that will attach to the rop bar of this tractor. I was wondering if anybody has seen or purchased a roof canopy for there JD 2305, that has a full support frame under the canopy? Reason for wanting a full frame is to attach a led light bar to the underside of the roof canopy frame.
    I love pictures.
    Thanks
    pcabe5 and Levi like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    I am wanting to add a roof canopy to my JD 2305 tractor.
    My research did show some roof canopy's that will attach to the rop bar of this tractor. I was wondering if anybody has seen or purchased a roof canopy for there JD 2305, that has a full support frame under the canopy? Reason for wanting a full frame is to attach a led light bar to the underside of the roof canopy frame.
    I love pictures.
    Thanks
    When I was living in NY I always wanted to ad a canopy to my 855. Eventually I decided against it. I was told by several people including a JD salesman, that in cold & windy areas they could be a problem in the winter causing a higher air speed under the canopy. And in the summer on very hot days with no wind, exhaust fumes can be drawn in & cause health issues with breathing in excessive exhaust.

Having said that, I would imagine it all depends on the tractor model to a large extent & the hood design. I have zero proof on any of the stuff I've been told. But because of the negative advice I got & the high cost of a canopy, I never got one. I know this is not answering your question. I'm just passing on what was told to me.
    pcabe5, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Maddog
    You have raised two points that I have not considered. In my case, I do not think either concern would be a problem. On this tractor, JD 2305, The exhaust is discharged low. But also, don't want to leave this Earth early.
    Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,541 Posts
    There was quite a few threads years ago about these for 1-series tractors, see if this search link works-if not type in "canopy" in the Google search box on the upper right of the page.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...=1328j368206j6
    pcabe5, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Ken,
    I have some reading to do from the link you provided.
    Regards
    Kennyd, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    When I was living in NY I always wanted to ad a canopy to my 855. Eventually I decided against it. I was told by several people including a JD salesman, that in cold & windy areas they could be a problem in the winter causing a higher air speed under the canopy. And in the summer on very hot days with no wind, exhaust fumes can be drawn in & cause health issues with breathing in excessive exhaust.
    Back when I was employed by a JD dealer I drove many JD tractors with ROP & canopy. I agree in wintertime the canopy adds to wind chill but I don't remember any exhaust fume problems IF muffler pipe extended above canopy.
    Maddog, Levi and BigJim55 like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    I recently added a canopy to the 3320. Something that I had thought about for a while. Well, just after our first snowstorm of the season I was out scraping the driveway clean after snow blowing it with the 2320. It started sleeting. Although I just needed to make a few passes it was nice having a bit of weather protection from the freezing rain.

Here's a photo of the 3320 just after I added the canopy but before the winter changeover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0015.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	284826
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Thanks

Tall door

Quote Originally Posted by Superglidesport View Post
    I recently added a canopy to the 3320. Something that I had thought about for a while. Well, just after our first snowstorm of the season I was out scraping the driveway clean after snow blowing it with the 2320. It started sleeting. Although I just needed to make a few passes it was nice having a bit of weather protection from the freezing rain.

Here's a photo of the 3320 just after I added the canopy but before the winter changeover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0015.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	284826
    I see you are avoiding the ROPS into the door issue. It looks like you have plenty of clearance. Good move!

I've looked at a canopy several times but since I trailer my 790 quite a bit, it would have to be removable. It spends a fair amount of time in the woods as well, again requiring removing. So far, I haven't bit the bullet on it. Since I just got my chains, any other mods might have to wait.

In your part of the world I would look at some sort of wind break. Between that and the canopy, life would be much better in nasty weather.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    I see you are avoiding the ROPS into the door issue. It looks like you have plenty of clearance. Good move!

I've looked at a canopy several times but since I trailer my 790 quite a bit, it would have to be removable. It spends a fair amount of time in the woods as well, again requiring removing. So far, I haven't bit the bullet on it. Since I just got my chains, any other mods might have to wait.

In your part of the world I would look at some sort of wind break. Between that and the canopy, life would be much better in nasty weather.

Treefarmer
    This particular canopy is a John Deere item. It's got a rigid frame with heavy ROPS mounting brackets. I'd estimate it at ~ 80-90 Lbs. This is not something that you're going to easily R&R on a whim.

Installation took three adults to move and hold into position just to get the u-bolts started. Once I had the bolts in place I used a couple of 2x's to hold the front at the correct angle and tightened it up.

My 2320 with cab is used for the majority of snow removal. I use the 3320 with blade for scraping the driveway clean (hill) after snowblowing and also some dirt work.
    Last edited by Superglidesport; 12-22-2016 at 05:26 PM.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

12. Top | #10
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post

Treefarmer
    Why? I have canopies on both of my utility tractors and where the ranch is, very common to have 80MPH winds. Trailer when needed, with the tractors loaded both forward and backwards and have had ZERO problems. If there is a problem, then most likely it is a canopy that you really wouldn't want anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0134.JPG   IMG_0436.JPG   P3310036.JPG  
    56FordGuy, Levi, keefus and 2 others like this.
    Brian

Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast