1025R TLB question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 1025R TLB question

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    01-01-2017 @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    1025R TLB question

    I am considering the purchase of a 1025R TLB want to use it for general projecting. I also want to use it on our deer food plots for tilling, discing etc. We do clear new brushy spots for the creation new food plots. Generally small in size say 20'x30'. Does the 1025R TLB have what it takes to remove the root balls from the brush we clear or should I be looking at a larger tractor here? On occasion there are small trees maybe 2-3" in diameter in the mix but the majority is buck brush.
    Drifterbike likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Tractor Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    1,487
    Thanks
    635
    Thanked 780 Times in 337 Posts
    Welcome to GTT.

    Sounds like the 1025R will be fine. Have you watched any of my videos? If not, click some of the links in my signature. I think you'll see lots of things the 1025r can do.

    If 2-3 inch trees are the largest you'll need to remove, you'll be fine.

    With the backhoe, you can remove 12" or even larger.

    Tim
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

    Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    01-01-2017 @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thankyou for the feedback here. I just realized who you were and I bet I've watch all of your videos. Truly enjoy them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmarks View Post
    Welcome to GTT.

    Sounds like the 1025R will be fine. Have you watched any of my videos? If not, click some of the links in my signature. I think you'll see lots of things the 1025r can do.

    If 2-3 inch trees are the largest you'll need to remove, you'll be fine.

    With the backhoe, you can remove 12" or even larger.

    Tim
    etcallhome, Levi, romcjr and 2 others like this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    romcjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 04:17 PM
    Location
    Waller,TX.
    Posts
    1,121
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 150 Times in 97 Posts
    I agree with Tim , the 1025R will be plenty for what you want to do .
    Have fun and
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

    2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 09:43 AM
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    I bought a 1025r FILB this spring. I've dug up some good size stumps. The more you do it the faster and better you get at it. I had a little advantage because I've dug up numerous stumps with a shovel and axe....really big ones occasionally. Use the bucket to feel and find the roots and break them individually as much as possible. Work your way around the stump. You can get off and cut the big roots or follow them out where they get smaller and break them with the hoe. You'll waste a lot of time trying to manhandle a big stump.
    Tiny stumps like your talking about are usually not to hard to remove. Don't start to close to the stump.
    I'm very satisfied with the performance of the backhoe.
    Levi likes this.

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    01-01-2017 @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks all for the feedback. I'm feeling more comfortable that the 1025r is the right machine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinson Scott View Post
    I bought a 1025r FILB this spring. I've dug up some good size stumps. The more you do it the faster and better you get at it. I had a little advantage because I've dug up numerous stumps with a shovel and axe....really big ones occasionally. Use the bucket to feel and find the roots and break them individually as much as possible. Work your way around the stump. You can get off and cut the big roots or follow them out where they get smaller and break them with the hoe. You'll waste a lot of time trying to manhandle a big stump.
    Tiny stumps like your talking about are usually not to hard to remove. Don't start to close to the stump.
    I'm very satisfied with the performance of the backhoe.
    Levi likes this.

  9. Top | #7
    Bonehead Club Lackey Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 09:47 AM
    Location
    NE Tenn.
    Posts
    10,153
    Thanks
    2,990
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,065 Posts
    You said TLB, I don't have a BH and dug out what you're wanting to do with my bucket. I make a bigger hole doing it so with the BH you'll be fine. Here is a pic of a bush stump I dug out a couple weeks ago using just the bucket.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0460.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	8.88 MB 
ID:	290266
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

    Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

  10. Top | #8
    joshn3448's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    466
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 58 Times in 42 Posts
    A tooth bar will greatly help with removing the brush and smaller trees!
    Levi and TheOtherChris like this.
    2016 1025r TLB, H120 loader with 53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar, Ken's hooks, 54" mechanical lift deck/auto connect & mulching kit, 260 backhoe with 12" bucket, Titan pallet forks, County line post hole auger
    1987 318, 50" deck

    Reluctant member of hitting the Rops on the garage door TWICE
    (Gone but not forgotten) 1947 John Deere D, 1984 318, 1985 430
    Stihl MS290 20" bar
    Stihl FS110 Trimmer
    Stihl BR350 Backpack blower

    99 Honda Foreman S

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    01-01-2017 @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats about the size root balls i plan to be getting into. This is encouraging. I think the backhoe maybe handy to have. If nothing else may be fun. Ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    You said TLB, I don't have a BH and dug out what you're wanting to do with my bucket. I make a bigger hole doing it so with the BH you'll be fine. Here is a pic of a bush stump I dug out a couple weeks ago using just the bucket.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0460.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	8.88 MB 
ID:	290266
    Levi likes this.

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    01-01-2017 @ 06:43 PM
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been eyeing those up also. Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by joshn3448 View Post
    A tooth bar will greatly help with removing the brush and smaller trees!
    Levi and joshn3448 like this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •