• 1 Post By AJgrn78
  • 1 Post By CADplans

Thread: Biodiesel (B100) and my 670

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-27-2018 @ 10:11 AM
    Thanks

Biodiesel (B100) and my 670

I saw an older thread here re: biodiesel. Been 5 years since the last post, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I've been running pure biodiesel in my 670 for close to 20 years. The only problems I've had were with the fuel hoses and fuel cap gasket.

It took about 10 years for the BD to turn the rubber hoses to goo. After that I switched them out for urethane. Those lasted maybe 5 years, so now I'm on to neoprene.
    Other than that, Yannie runs great, and I'd rather breathe fryer fumes than dino soot. ( The tractor has a stack on it, and at 6'4", the exhaust comes out right at my face level when I'm in the seat.)
    romcjr likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Well, I hope it continues to work well for you.
    Makes me think of what the s--t ethanol gas does to carburetors, turning the neoprene needles to goo, warping plastic fuel tanks, deteriorating gas lines, etc.

Not to create worry, but if that stuff turned the hoses to snot...what about the rubber seals in the engine?
    Levi likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOweather View Post
    I saw an older thread here re: biodiesel. Been 5 years since the last post, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I've been running pure biodiesel in my 670 for close to 20 years. The only problems I've had were with the fuel hoses and fuel cap gasket.

It took about 10 years for the BD to turn the rubber hoses to goo. After that I switched them out for urethane. Those lasted maybe 5 years, so now I'm on to neoprene.
    Other than that, Yannie runs great, and I'd rather breathe fryer fumes than dino soot. ( The tractor has a stack on it, and at 6'4", the exhaust comes out right at my face level when I'm in the seat.)

You need a TALLER stack.

Dave

PS:: or reroute the exhaust out the back.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:49 PM
    Thanks
    The nearest bio-fuel is almost 50 miles away,,,
    so, I am stuck with regular diesel,,,, no enjoying the smell of fries for me,,,

Levi likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements