• 3 Post By Valley Boy
  • 1 Post By Ray_PA

Thread: 1025r hydro fill/vent cap overflow

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks

1025r hydro fill/vent cap overflow

Hi, OK, I'm a a newbie. I got a problem and since dealers are close at this times(Christmas and new year), I want to show you and have your opinion on this.

First thing first..
    Here is the situation:
    1025r 2015 , 37 hrs, with 54" middle mower auto connect, front bucket h120, and rear snowblower frontier sb1154 with hydro controls for the chute(left,right,up and down).. The problem is around that...

The hydro oil is overflowing by the fill/vent cap under the seat....it seams to happen particularly when I'm playing with the chute controls.

Look at the pictures...
    It looks like the dealer tapped the return to tank line at the fill tube and I think it's not the right place for that. My theory is that it's tapped too high and when I'm playing with the chute controls it returns in a "splash" and came up into the vent cap making a sweet mess...got the point?

The oil level is now half way...it started full in the beginning in the season.

Tell me what you think and how it's supposed to be.

And guess what...every little common problems showed up: steering hose rubbing on left tire...3pt lever falling down...and I ordered a 180 thermostat cause it's really cold sometimes here and the engine temp won't get high enough.

OK this is enough... It's your time to talk now..

...and excuse my English.. I'm not perfect...I'm a francophone from Québec, Canada.

Thank you

Oh. And the return line is rubbing against that and about to leak.

Last edited by DannGerous667; 01-01-2017 at 02:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    I have never seen a fill tube extension like that.
    Let alone a hose tapped into side of it.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Thanks
    Never seen that type of a set up
    I know this doesn't help
    I am sure someone will be along with help
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 05:17 AM
    Thanks
    Just a guess.... that is a return line in the extended breather. For what? Anyway, betcha when the fluid returns it overwhelms the filler neck and it sloshes up and out.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Thanks
    Hi this is what I did to have rear remote hydraulics on my 1025r. Same setup as you with the blower. The "T" is the secondary ( safety) return to tank. I'm thinking they should have done this instead? Others will chime in on this. I have the power beyond and that his how I get hydraulic fluid to my 3 spool valve. Note the "P" and the "R" pressure and return lines and the second return. I think the fluid is returning, hitting the inside wall of that pipe ext. and splashing upward and out the breather cover. It's just not right. :-( My $0.02 worth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1369.JPG   IMG_1371.JPG  
    Tomfive, Ray_PA and keane like this.
    Laurie

John Deere 1025r TLB, Frontier 54" Rear Blower with hydraulics , 54" Quick Connect Mower, 49" Frontier Tiller, iMatch Hitch, Ballast Box, 42" Adjustable Front Tines, 48" Frontier Box Blade, Light Guards, Rear Work Light, Front ROPS Mounted Utility Lights, Block Heater.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    Agreed with others. It looks like you dealer connected the tank line from your rear SCV to this breather extension. When working your chute, the return oil will flow through this line into this extension. Depending on how far you pull the rear SCV control lever, the velocity of the return oil is causing splashing and back up of oil under the breather.
    To prevent this, the extension would need to be longer some how or install the tank line the way Valley Boy has his tank line connected. Teeing it in the main SCV tank line is a much cleaner way of doing this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1025R tank line_Ink_LI.jpg  
    keane likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks
    It seems a common practice from my dealer...
    I saw this setup on many tractors at my dealer. I sended pictures to my service guy and it seems he didn't know the right setup.

Still waiting for his call. I think they will fix it only this spring...between snow and mow.

More pics of my setup...

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    A short turned down elbow inside that extension would probably alleviate the splashing up and out around the cap.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements