Green Tractor Talk banner

1025R Review

10K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HydroHarold 
#1 ·
#2 ·
"Fuel consumption is rated at 1.4 gal./min. at full load."
REALLY glad I have the more fuel efficient Interim Tier 4 engine on my 1026r!:laugh:

Gotta mean 1.4gal./hr... no?

#3 ·
I love my 1026r FILB!
The project right now is digging for and building a 2 section retaining wall with built in steps to the front lawn. I discovered while trench digging, moving the tractor forwards and placing the rear wheels where the front wheels sat, gives enough reach to keep the trench clean and takes the guessing out of where to stop! This tractor runs out of hydrolic pressure before engine power yet the hydro tranny is strong enough to spin all 4 wheels when pushing with the R4 tires. The 18hp PTO chomps down 4' high field grass with the Frontier RC2048 rotary cutter at full throttle in low range with little effort. Since it has not snowed much since I took delivery in March, I didn't get the chance to really test out the JD 47" front Q-Tach snowblower. Aside from coming back in looking like the abomidal snowman, I don't foresee a lack of power there either.
The 1026r is 'the little tractor that could!' :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Gizmo2
#4 ·
I think we missed the pictures?

I discovered while trench digging, moving the tractor forwards and placing the rear wheels where the front wheels sat, gives enough reach to keep the trench clean and takes the guessing out of where to stop!
Just explained that very thing to the wife last week. Never gave it a thought to post it. Thanks, it's a good tip for all.:thumbup1gif:

#5 ·
"Aside from coming back in looking like the abomidal snowman..."
DOWN WIND, Mr. Moose, blow the snow DOWN WIND!:laugh::lol:

I wish I had a need for that snowblower down here! I've still got the 42" on the GX335 just in case the 1026 with plow stalls in a snowbank... I just couldn't justify going the extra $'s for a blower, but if the Ice Age begins to show itself again one little bit, I'll be knocking on the dealer's door.

#6 ·
DOWN WIND, Mr. Moose, blow the snow DOWN WIND!:laugh::lol:

Where's the fun in that? :yahoo:

Really, around here the wind doesn't blow in one direction. It gets caught in the valleys and tree lines and swirls around. Doesn't matter which direction I'm blowing the snow, it always comes right back at me! I am contemplating getting the canopy and soft sides for snowblowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.