If I could do it again I wouldn't leave the dealer without my 1025r and.....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: If I could do it again I wouldn't leave the dealer without my 1025r and.....

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks

If I could do it again I wouldn't leave the dealer without my 1025r and.....

Now that I've gotten the pleasantries out of the way in the new member forum, I'm ready for my first post in the SCUT forum.

I'm contemplating the purchase of a new 1025r in the spring with a 60"mmm, h130(not sure on the bucket size yet), sb1154 blower, also considering a tlb if I can put together a package at the right price point at my local dealer.

I'd like some insight as to what options to opt for and attachments to consider.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi and TJR345 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    04-27-2019 @ 07:48 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome to GTT and we will help you spend your money

Before anyone can answer your question(s) the GTT members need more information such as what your going to use it for, how big is your yard, the driveway etc. With details the information flow will start
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and keane like this.
    If Your Not Living on the Edge, Your Taking Up Too Much Space

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    "GWN" = ??? Greater West Nevada?
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    "GWN" = ??? Greater West Nevada?
    Great White North eh
    Oscar Leroy likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    Nevada......ya I wish. It was -47c with the wind chill here today. I live in Manitoba, Canada.

I have 5 acres. Approx 3 of which is grass, the rest is bush. I don't burn or harvest firewood. I have about a 400ft driveway and parking pad which gets blown in with snow pretty bad when it blows from the nw and my current single stage blower does a great job of compounding the problem by not throwing the snow any measurable distance. It's more of a gas powered shovel. I intend on building a decent size shop in the next 5 years. I should also mention I have a case 930 with loader and 3pth for the dirty grunt work I don't want to subject a new tractor to. It's only used in the summer months because it's to finicky and unreliable in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks
    Not sure of your budget but with -47 temps I would try to get a cab if I were you!

Other than that a few minor things like a block heater would be nice. I personally went with the TLB as I wrapped it into the financing.

I would love a new 2 series but they are over $30,000 USD equipped like a 1025R TLB...
    Levi, BigJim55, eyeboltman and 3 others like this.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Thanks
    Block heater, extra lighting, and a steering wheel spinner!

Quote Originally Posted by pilot-five View Post
    Not sure of your budget but with -47 temps I would try to get a cab if I were you!

Other than that a few minor things like a block heater would be nice. I personally went with the TLB as I wrapped it into the financing.

I would love a new 2 series but they are over $30,000 USD equipped like a 1025R TLB...
    That's why I went with a used 2320. Came out about 5k cheaper than a comparably equipped 1 series.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 12:07 PM
    Thanks
    Are you expecting to use this unit for snow removal? How deep is your snow? I had a similar sized 2305 that it used for a couple of years and it kept getting stuck. If you only use the snow blower then thats probably not going to be a problem, but using a rear blade it was pretty much useless. Get some weights for the front, helps keep the front end down when using the bucket to maintain steering. Steering/cutting brakes are also handy to keep the unit going straight when slippery out and the front losses traction also good for tight turn around at the end of the run, not sure thats an option on on the 1025 though. Chains are very helpful as well for snow removal.

For snow removal you can get away with a bigger bucket but if you intend to do digging or move gravel around a smaller bucket is better. I find my fork attachment to be super handy and make sure you get a ballast box if you are getting a loader.

Think really hard about the BH attachment. Is quite pricey and not that big of a BH. Check the local prices to rent one vs buying. If you only use the BH occasionally then its not really worth it.

Also consider the price of the belly mower vs a used zero turn. Personally I've never been happy with the cut on my belly mower and its not very sturdy. I prefer to run a 60" zerot turn for the nice lawn areas and rear finish mower on the 3pt hitch for the rougher areas.

A quick hitch is a must as well, either the I-match or aftermarket.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-21-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    Things that I did when I purchased my tractor that I do not regret:

1. 53" bucket (vs. the 49" bucket). The 49" bucket is just barely wider than the wheels while the 53" bucket overlaps the tire marks by a few inches. I've had no issues digging with the 53" bucket. For just $50, it was an easy decision.

2. 54" front mounted snow blower. While the up front cost is more expensive, the convenience of driving forward the majority of your snow blowing seat time is certainly worth the cost. I don't enjoy driving backwards for any length of time and it hurts my neck and back. I actually want it to snow just so I get more seat time. 2a would be the remote spout kit to adjust the spout up/down from the seat.

3. Factory installed loader backhoe. The backhoe was a bit of a splurge and isn't for everyone, but my wife insisted (really, she did) and every time I have to dig I thank her for it. Dozens of stumps, concrete piers from old decks, trenching for electric to the garage... It's a specialized tool if you have a need, but then again, so is a tractor.

4. Ken's bolt on hooks. Having a set of hooks bolted to the bucket along with a length of chain is a godsend and greatly affects the usability of the bucket.

5. Artillian forks. I'd have to say that I have used the forks more than any other implement. Moving stuff is a given, but I have also used them to pry root balls from the ground and pry up decking and sub-floor.

6. Engine block heater. The 1025 starts a bit rough when it gets below 50f (10c). You can typically cycle the glow plugs a few times and it will start smooth but once you get below freezing, a block heater really helps with getting smooth starts. You're in Canada. You will NEED the block heater.

7. I-match quick hitch. It makes switching rear implements (box blade, ballast box, etc) painless.

Things I would have done differently:

1. Not purchase the 60" mid mount mower and instead go with a new dedicated lawn mower. Every time I want to mow I have to drop implements (loader and backhoe) to mow. It doesn't take long to do (just a couple minutes for each), but it becomes a chore to do it repeatedly every week. With the money saved by not buying the mower and independent lift ($3000 if I recall correctly), I could have bought a nice mower. The quality of cut is just "ok", but my 20 year old 42" Murray does a better job.

2. If you do get a mower, either go with the mechanical lift kit or the independent hydraulic lift kit. Don't bother with the hydraulic lift kit that requires you to swap a hose. I had my mower delivered crated and did the install myself to save a few hundred bucks. It was supposed to come with the mechanical kit, but it came with the hydraulic lift kit instead. I thought I would like it at first, but I quickly grew tired of having to swap the hose every time I wanted to move the mower while the loader was attached. I had limited storage at the time, so I would have to have everything attached to the tractor before I put it in the shed. If I wanted to mow, I would have to pull the tractor out, disconnect the loader hose, connect the mower hose, drop the mower, reconnect the loader hose, drop the loader in the shed, drop the backhoe, reconnect the mower hose, connect the mower, mow... and then do everything in reverse. It was truly a pain. I quickly decided to spend $300 and add the independent lift kit parts.

Things to know about before you buy a tractor:

1. The tractor will not fit under a standard (7' high) opened garage door with the ROPS up. The ROPS will hit the garage header. Eventually, you'll have to upgrade the garage.

2. You will forget that you put the ROPS down and invariably will smack your head on the lowered ROPS. Eventually, you'll have to upgrade the garage.

3. Every project you do, no matter how small, will cause you to ask the question "Can I accomplish the task using the tractor?".

4. You will find yourself lacking space for all the new implements you never realized you needed until you bought a tractor. Eventually, you'll have to upgrade the garage.

5. The first tractor works so well, but there are times I wished I had bigger. With a cab. Would the wife be ok with a hand me down?

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Traction For This Useful Post:

AirCav (01-13-2017), BigJim55 (01-14-2017), ColonyPark (01-14-2017), Drifterbike (01-13-2017), Gizmo2 (01-14-2017), Jep (01-13-2017), joshn3448 (01-13-2017), Romanator (01-15-2017), Tractor Tim (01-13-2017)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Thanks
    Traction gave you good advice. I have been though it and agree with it 100%
    Levi, BigJim55, eyeboltman and 1 others like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast