• 2 Post By HydroHarold
  • 1 Post By keane

Thread: 1025r - TLB to 3pt

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks

1025r - TLB to 3pt

Been lurking for a few months. I bought my 1025r about four months ago and now have about 25 hours on it. This is my first intro into the tractor world other than an old one my grandfather had that I used to sit on a lot. I took to it pretty well however since I used to drive a forklift.

Mine wasn't a TLB from the factory, but the dealer set it up for me with the Power Beyond. I also have the 60" mmm and so far I'm happy with it. It's been on and off about 10-15 times without much difficulty.

My question...I think I have everything from the dealer for the 3pt hitch. How hard is it and how longs does it take to put all the 3pt hitch stuff on. I have taken the backhoe off a couple of times and I have the dolly from BXpanded (nice). Oh, I have a quick-hitch too. I'm looking at getting a tiller (Tractor Supply) this spring to start a garden and possibly to turn some soil to plant grass seed.

Any advice/tips...any parts I can leave on with the backhoe to make this easier in the future?
    Levi, Tractor Tim and Drifterbike like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,609 Posts
    Guessing not working fast, maybe 4-5 mins or less to put on or take off the 3pt .
    Ray_PA, romcjr and Drifterbike like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    Agreed ^^^. It doesn't take long at all to install the three point. Once you do it a few times, you will surely knock off a minute of time.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 PM
    Thanks
    I hooked mine up in about fifteen minutes first time and installed and adjusted the quick hitch. Now I leave the quick hitch attached to the three point hardware and just disconnect the tractor side and haul the whole thing aside when I take it off. Same back on, just leave it all together. I don't have a dolly for the backhoe so I crib underneath the bottom where it rotates with wood blocks when I take it off. Hydraulics will leak down with time so this will keep it up so that you have lots of hose to play with when you put it back on.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    For the first few times (if you don't use the "leave it assembled" method, mark the arms and links with tape and Sharpie notes as to where they hook up and which holes you used last time. Helped me the first few times though I'll be using the "Leave It Assembled Method" this Spring. I went to the dealer and took pictures of the 3pt assembly, I did a bunch of tractorin' in my days but no 3 pointing.
    blue87fj60 and 69project like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-07-2019 @ 04:35 PM
    Thanks

3 pt to backhoe change

You have a backhoe dolly so you have most of the changeover work figured out. Just do it on level flat ground. For the 3 pt, keep is assembled and lower it onto a pallet or platform so you don't have to lift it at all. Just release it from the large lower pins after removing the sway adjusting turnbuckles, then release the top link. Sometimes I release the top link first. That backhoe dolly is such a help it should come with the backhoe as standard equipment.
    2016 1025R FILB with Flames, iMatch, 647 tiller, 2048 heavy box blade, LP20840 Sprayer, SS1036B spreader, Fit Rite Top 'n Tilt, 54" MMM & BM 0827 mulch kit, Mower Deck Axles & Wheels, Loyal 4x4 drag harrow, Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks, BXpanded BH dolly & Piranha tooth bar, Heavy Hitch ripper with 8" & 12" plows, Suitcase Weight & Receiver Hitch, Front Weight Bracket, 8 x 42# weights, Artillian 36" forks with backrest & hitch receiver, hood & side panel sound insulation. And a Smile!

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 AM
    Thanks
    To help with the 3 point you could take a furniture dolly and leave it assembled on there (if you have the floor space) and then just roll it to the tractor and hook it up with the quick hitch attached.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot-five View Post
    To help with the 3 point you could take a furniture dolly and leave it assembled on there (if you have the floor space) and then just roll it to the tractor and hook it up with the quick hitch attached.
    Do you have a picture of how you store your 3 point attached to the quick hitch on a furniture dolly?
    Do you use the dolly to support while removing the 3 point arms from the tractor and then just allow everything to lay on the dolly?
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:58 AM
    Thanks
    I don't have a photo but I just have a $12 wooden dolly with a piece of plywood on it and the plywood is raised slightly on some 2x4 scraps I had. That elevates it so that when it is at the rear of the tractor it is just above the lowest setting for the 3 point. Then I hook up the lower arms and finally the top link.

I don't have any sort of jig to hold the iMatch in place - I just hold it so it doesn't fall over when I roll it over and hook it up. Otherwise I lay it down on the dolly for storage because it goes under a bench.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Thanks
    Using Heavy Hitch's cart and weight rack system makes the removal/installation of the 3-point (including I-match) very simple. Please see this post for pictures and details.
    Levi likes this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements