• 2 Post By Adamq
  • 3 Post By John 54

Thread: Blew Ignition/Run/Power Fuse

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:58 AM
    Thanks

Blew Ignition/Run/Power Fuse

Moving some dirt around and all of a sudden everything stopped (engine shut down). Turned out to be the 'G' (10 amp) fuse. First time it happened, but I'm only at about 22 hours. I know fuses blow, but I was just wondering if this is happened to anyone and if I can expect to happen more.

Barring more info, I plan on chalking it up to 'stuff happens' unless it happens again and too often.

Edit: I found this old post http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ower-fuse.html

I didn't run mine long after I replaced the fuse. Just long enough to dump the dirt and drive about 50 yards back to the garage. I'll see if it happens again when I'm on it longer and use the info in the post to see if I can find a fault or bare wire.
    Last edited by Zeke_in_SC; 01-20-2017 at 08:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Thanks
    No trouble with mine good luck
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    Hi Zeke_in_SC
    I was the OP of "1025r Keeps blowing Ignition run power fuse" it is now 12 months and 200 hrs since I had the problem and the 1025R has not missed a beat since. I never got to the bottom of the problem it just disappeared and has never reoccurred. As I said all I did was disconnect as many of the functions tied to the fuse as were easily accessible and turned the ignition on to see if the fuse would blow but it didn't. Then I reconnected each function individually testing every time, but nothing happened, the fuse stayed intact and still is. Sorry I cannot be of more help, good luck, I will be watching this thread with great interest.
    Regards John
    Levi, Drifterbike and ky_shawn like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 12:56 AM
    Thanks
    We think of fuses as part of a safety system and therefore somewhat "perfect", like they are always a pointer to something else wrong in the system. But fuses can have manufacturing defects just like all other electronic components. Sometimes it's just a bad fuse, and that is a possible cause if the problem doesn't recur.
    RandyM and Levi like this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    I had the same fuse blow and it ended up being my seat safety switch wire was pinched. Once I found it I re routed the wire and fixed it. Haven't had a problem since.

Just something to check

Adam
    keane and kylew like this.
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:58 AM
    Thanks
    I changed my seat springs today and noticed part of my seat safety switch wire has been compressed /pinch (pretty flat) so I suspect I could have an issue brewing there.

Any pictures of how you routed yours? Mine has the TLB seat rotation setup.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    Hi Zeke_in_SC
    I had the same problem with the seat switch prior to the fuse blowing problem refereed to in my post (that was the first thing I looked at and it was fine). I also have a TLB with a seat rotation setup. There is a hole in the base that is big enough to get the tail of a cable tie through but not the head of the cable tie, so I passed the tail through the hole around the cable and then back through the hole and the head. This worked very well and has held the cable away from any pinch points ever since.
    Regards John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0226.JPG
    Adamq, keane and kylew like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting that John54! That is exactly what I did with mine. I would have snapped a picture, but my tractor is at a customers house with the snowblower on it.

Adam
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 10:07 PM
    Thanks

Iím having this issue also

Mowing today on my 1025R and the tractor just dies. Towed it back to the garage, checked everything out and couldnít see anything obvious. Grabbed my manual and it says to check the fuses. Sure enough, the same fuse the OP had issues with was blown in mine. I replaced the 10 amp fuse, and it started right back up. Thought I was good to go. Nope! Mowed one strip and it died again. Pulled the fuse and itís blown. Called the dealer and someone is supposed to call back Monday. Meanwhile my 100 hour tractor is useless in the garage. Two acres need mowing and no way to cut it. There are no pinched wires anywhere that I could see. I think itís still under warranty, so I might let the dealer sort this out, but not too pleased with my JD product so far. Itís practically brand new. Sorry, just frustrated is all...

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements