The Northeast was hit last night with 12 hours of steady, heavy sleet/snow/rain. I am at 1200 foot elevation deep in the Catskill Mountains where we got several inches of extremely heavy, water ladened sleet mixed with rain. This is the heaviest precipitation I have encountered since getting my 1025R. This stuff is so wet and heavy that a Honda Commercial snow blower would not pick up and throw one drop
I usually plow with an Artillian loader set-up which works very well for the plowing I do. This season, to be able to move large mounds of snow if needed, I got a 66" loader bucket that is 37" deep. The capacity is 16.7 cubic feet (heaped). The JD 53" loader bucket is only 9.3 cubic feet.
I crunched the numbers before buying this bucket to determine how much it could lift. I used a standard of 22lbs per cubic foot of snow which is about the maximum for water soaked snow. Or, so I thought.
Anyway, since the ground still is not frozen and everything was wet and sloppy, the plow picked up a lot of material from the driveways. It looked gruesome! But, the 1025R with no chains on R-4's moved all the heavy, heavy sleet I had to move.
I switched to the new 66" bucket which lifted every load I tried (some would only lift a couple feet). But, the cutting edge was digging holes in the wet surfaces. Then installed three 4" Bucket Tamers and tried again. The Bucket Tamers worked as advertised and prevented the bucket from digging any more holes.
So, here's a few pics of the 66"bucket lifting a huge pile of sleet (NOT snow!). Much quicker and more efficient than the 53" JD.