• 1 Post By AJgrn78
  • 1 Post By AJgrn78

Thread: 2305 driveshaft

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-31-2018 @ 08:00 PM
    Thanks

2305 driveshaft

I have change the drive shaft spider on the drive shaft that goes from engine to houssing.

Those les then 10 hrs, but there still a little vibration.

I have manage to found that there is a little play between the yoke and the spliced shaft on the houssing,

My question is, is it normal to have a little play there?? If yes how much is consider to much play???
    2008 John Deere 2305, with 200CX Loader, rear grader blade, 47" front snowblower, balast box, Bx32S wood chipper

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks
    My 1025 has 85 hrs on it and has a small amount of play in the yoke / splined shaft. I guess it depends on how much play yours has whether it is causing the vibration, you've replaced both u-joints? Is the yoke new? On my 316, which has the same design with the yoke and splined shaft, my original driveshaft yoke was hopelessly worn out causing severe vibration. However, the splined shaft is VERY hard, and itself was not worn. If you have the original yoke, a new one would probably fix the vibration.

Mine has just a detectable amount of play, very slight, when I wiggle it by hand.

Good luck!
    Last edited by AJgrn78; 01-26-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post
    My 1025 has 85 hrs on it and has a small amount of play in the yoke / splined shaft. I guess it depends on how much play yours has whether it is causing the vibration, you've replaced both u-joints? Is the yoke new? On my 316, which has the same design with the yoke and splined shaft, my original driveshaft yoke was hopelessly worn out causing severe vibration. However, the splined shaft is VERY hard, and itself was not worn. If you have the original yoke, a new one would probably fix the vibration.

Mine has just a detectable amount of play, very slight, when I wiggle it by hand.

Good luck!
    My 1025 has that issue on the 4x4 front splined shaft. Guess a new yoke is in my future too, as I feel vibration top gear and there is a fair amount of play in the transmission yoke

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post

Good luck!
    My 1025 has that issue on the 4x4 front splined shaft. Guess a new yoke is in my future too, as I feel vibration top gear and there is a fair amount of play in the transmission yoke

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    For what these tractors cost, the driveshafts are horribly designed. They should all have a yoke that bolts/clamps to the transmission input, and have a slip joint in the driveshaft. It's just a cheap, lousy setup that is prone to wear and vibration, and to top it off, no zerk fittings!

I've been squirting gear oil into my splines. I now have a grease needle adapter for my grease gun, this spring I'm going to inject grease into those splines...one..at..a...time.
    TJR345 likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements